Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First post in years. New style with some pictures
12-15-2012, 04:44 PM,
RE: First post in years. New style with some pictures
Hey journeyman

I don't come on the forum all that often but I just noticed this thread and wanted to respond. Yes I go to Alicia and she does a fantastic job. If you bring a picture in she can usually match it regardless of style.
She is the only hairstylist I am using. I stopped going to all these ridiculous high end salons charging outrageous amounts for haircuts, hair adds etc. She is reasonably priced and very good!

And to address forestboys comment above... Recession may not be for everyone but the style I was wearing (curtains) with not much recession just didn't look as good at 40 as it did when I was 32. Some people in their 40s or 50s can pull off a David Bowie full head of hair.
I like myself in pictures much better with the recession. My wife likes it too. And while I do have recession I think I have maintained a somewhat modern style by combing forward and at times doing a slight fauxhawk.

For some reason as men age many insist on having a block of Elvis hair and like someone else said.. it just looks ridiculous. I even had to fight my own instincts on density and the non recession hairline. I remember getting upset when my pieces would come in too thin when I was in my 30s.. Now I find that 55% density not only works for me but its a great match for my sides too.
Most stylists I've talked to have said that they try to tell their older clients 40s-60s to ease up on the density but most refuse believing that more is better when actually the opposite is true.

For you guys in your 20s and 30s.. having a lot of density is not unusual and I say have at it.
I am 46 and I can't tell you how much I prefer what I have now compared to before.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First post in years. New style with some pictures - SteveL - 12-15-2012, 04:44 PM