Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First post in years. New style with some pictures
05-07-2012, 02:46 AM,
RE: First post in years. New style with some pictures
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I have an old picture on the front of the toplace site in the upper right. It was a curtain style with blonde highlights at the front. When I was doing the template even the stylist (Alicia Hair in Anaheim CA) said I was doing to much recession. (I said no its fine, and that I wanted it that way). She said she only had one other customer to do that much. Then when we did the cut in she seemed surprised at how great it looked. She asked if she could take pictures of it to show others.. I said ok to that. So.. only being a few years removed from 50.. I felt this was the way to go.
While I do have a lot of recession.. I tried to keep it looking somewhat modern by combing it forward away from the crown and doing a little spikey or flip at the front and having some sideburns. My wife really likes it so I feel pretty good about it.
Sagem you are completely right with regards to the age appropriate pieces. I think its hard for guys after 40 to give up the completely full dense hairline.. I know some can pull it off but you know time tends to move so fast that I didn't want to be 50 with a straight across hairline with added hair flaps etc.
On a side note again.. this new lace is really awesome. You literally cannot feel anything. I think its superior to the SFS. The SFS is much stronger than this new lace. And this definitely won't last as long as the SFS. I wonder if its because the ultra lace has no coating or something. But the ultra lace feels much thinner and the lace just completely disappears. It really is amazing.

I see what you're saying winstonage.. But for me.. no more covering temple points.. I want the allusion that I am losing the hair . My wife says this one looks the best on me so I know I can trust her opinion on it. As a note .. my own side hair is about 60% density and the piece is listed at 55%. In a few years I will probably need to start adding grey because my own hair is grey and needs to be dyed every few weeks.

But I do understand this is not for everyone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First post in years. New style with some pictures - SteveL - 05-07-2012, 02:46 AM