Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walker No-Sine all the way around?
05-05-2012, 07:38 PM,
Walker No-Sine all the way around?
Hi guys,
i'm not sure if this is a dumb question or not..

Would there be any reason not to use Walker No-shine all the way round the perimeter of a topper? Why do most people use it at the hairline and a different tape on the back and sides? Does it have less stick/durability?

Am i being too paranoid worrying that the shine from regular tape might be seen on the back sides?
05-06-2012, 10:23 PM,
RE: Walker No-Sine all the way around?
Not a dumb question ...

No reason at all not to try No Shine on the back and sides. I did this on my lace pieces, with glue at the front.

The reasons are as you suggest -- no shine is a bit weaker than blue liner, but less detectable (true for me, and is the general consensus). Any worry over shine on the back and sides would depend on your density. I wear a very light density, so even Walker's would shine a bit, but it was strong enough for me in most situations, though less so than blue liner (de/re weekly).

Walker's also has fewer clean up headaches than blue liner.

~FB
05-06-2012, 10:57 PM,
Thanks for the reply FB..

So do you think Walker would be good for a pretty easy de/re every day or two?
05-06-2012, 11:13 PM,
I use Walker No-Shine and remove system nightly. I don`t do a full-perimeter bond, to save time and effort [ I`m wearing Fullcap] and avoid `wasting` tape ....there`s no point in having every last millimetre bonded down, if you intend removing nightly...I only apply a few short strips to the `strategic` points [nape and front, and the bit in front of the ears] I like the strong hold of that tape and the fact that it`s non-shiny. The simple way to negate shine if using other types of tape, is to apply a light/thin smear of glue onto the tape surface with a finger-tip, before attaching to the lace.... I`ve never done it, but I imagine the `rule`would be the same as with any glue--allow it to go very tacky/almost dry before pressing onto the lace.
05-06-2012, 11:44 PM,
I do ... although everyone's body chemistry is different, and results aren't universal. All you can do is try, although you certainly need some suggestions on where to start ... and WNS would be a good choice to try.

I never de/re that frequently ... I'm wondering if other daily wearer's might suggest some other tapes that are strong for a couple days, but with shorter bond time than Walkers, and perhaps even easier clean up at that frequency ... ??

~FB

I was actually composing my reply when Paul posted ... in case it seems out of order. Thanks for chiming in Paul, I was hoping for your input as I knew you were a daily wearer but wasn't sure what tape you used.
05-10-2012, 11:31 PM,
I go super tape around the perimeter and one strip down the middle from fore to aft and expose full hairline. All my pics are full st along the hairline. Change out every Sunday with washes during the week. Get about 5 months out each piece.