Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do you make your hairline undetecable to touch?
05-03-2012, 03:53 PM,
how do you make your hairline undetecable to touch?
Hey there,

ive kind of gotten most of the stuff down in terms on bonding, but im having a bit of a problem making the hairline undetecable to touch. The main issue is that i can feel the lace before the hair.. Is it possible to have a smooth transition from skin to hair? i only have an extremely small amount of lace before the hair starts, will i have to remove that aswell?? would really appreciate a bit of help.

im currently using no-shine tape, i also have glue but i find it very messy. Would i be better off with the glue?
05-03-2012, 04:37 PM,
RE: how do you make your hairline undetecable to touch?
Stick with your tape if you're happy with it, but place it behind the hairline and only use glue for the first quarter inch, so there will be less mess.
See if that smooths out the hairline to touch.
If you feel its no better, then remove any surplus lace and try the glue perimeter.
05-03-2012, 05:06 PM,
thanks for the tip.

would i be correct in thinking that this is an issue that only I am having currently and it is not a universal issue with the hairline? is it possible to make it undetectable to touch on the hairline?

oh also how long should i wait for the glue/tape to bond 100%?
05-03-2012, 08:45 PM,
I use Oil Resistant White Glue.
It goes on white and turns clear when its dry, about 7-10 minutes.
I use 2 thin layers and then stick the lace down, pressing the lace in to the glue with the teeth of a comb.
I do this at night before bed.
By the morning its ok the spritz with water and style.
You're meant to leave it a full 24 hours, but thats impossible.
05-04-2012, 06:47 AM,
You definitely don't want to trim the base all the way up to the hair. That will make it worse because having the base and the hairline together will create an even more pronounced edge.

The best you can do is use swiss lace in the front attached with glue and make sure it stays tacked down good.

The only other thing you might be able to try is to cut scallops into the lace. Anything that breaks up that hard edge will help make it less detectable to touch.
05-04-2012, 07:41 AM,
im afraid its the trade off, it is universal,imo to some degree,
thats one advantage skin hairlines have over lace,
youre saying theres no smooth transition from the forhead onto lace then onto hair,if you followed the line up with youre finger,

but in the real world, you personally only do that if youre warm hot,
it not likley anyone else would go there, well maybee a girl freind but just kinda say stay clear,

best hairline , sfsl,orwg,

im wearing skin, in fact my new skin system iv had in storage since i got it almost 18 months ago,
the hairdresser seid, ohh lace is so yesterday,
everyone wearing skin,

ill be ordering my next system same specs, skin but with sfsl hairline.

well as regards the hairline, i disagree, sfsl is the way to go for the randomness of the hairs, v skin hairline which is to uniform

regards
anthony