Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need some advice on style/attachment (PICS)
05-03-2012, 10:49 AM,
need some advice on style/attachment (PICS)
hey there,

im looking for some advice. Basically im new to hair wearing, i only recieved my first ever system about 2 days and its a full cap.

http://imageshack.us/g/16/img2012050200460.jpg/

this is how i currently am looking with it on, my attachment skills still need alot of work and I havent got it cut-in yet (waiting till i can bond perfectly first or close to perfectly). Anyway, i'm looking to go for a short style, are there any styles you guys could recommend for my face type? I want something quite short and easy to maintain.

what are peoples experiences with systems in regards to before and after the cut in? Does it make a massive difference? I'm already very comfortable wearing my system, but the style is just so not me at the moment!

Does anyone think i should lower the hairline slightly?

I think thats everything

Thanks in advance!
05-03-2012, 11:01 AM,
RE: need some advice on style/attachment (PICS)
I think the hairline height looks perfect. youthfully low, yet not so low it looks silly.
As for the style, rather than going super short, what about a couple of inches of length for a scruffy type look.. i think that would look really great on you, and i can't imagine it would take much work to maintain

like this: http://www.celebs101.com/gallery/Ashton_...her_76.jpg

Just an idea. Smile
05-03-2012, 11:08 AM,
thanks for the reply buddy, much appreciated. I had a style in mind actually, it was one that a previous hair wearer has on this forum (or had).

Do you think this would suit me? (attached)

Attached Files Image(s)

05-03-2012, 11:28 AM,
definitely. You're really good looking, and that look would open your face up more which wouldn't be a bad thing..
it would just take more work to get the piece perfect for you. You'd need a really good cut in.
If the hair is a little bit longer, it can mask any imperfections in the hairline attachment etc.. but i think it's a great idea to keep practicing that before committing to full time wearing - i wish i did it that way.. i rushed in a bit too fast!
05-03-2012, 12:00 PM,
I have to say you look great! I would NEVER know you were wearing hair.
I agree that the long hair really suits you and somehow deflects any possibility it could be a wig.
Definitely don't lower the hairline.
Black-Nail is quite right that a bit extra length helps disguise all sorts of things.
Maybe you should get it cut in stages to eventually reach the style you really want.
If you want images of mens hairstyles, this is a good site:
http://www.hairfinder.com/menshair2.htm
05-03-2012, 12:23 PM,
thanks for the reply mate, in all honesty I personally dont like long hair at all. The picture i posted is probably the longest id feel comfortable keeping my hair. the website you mentioned seems pretty good, ill definetly be checking that out.
05-03-2012, 06:48 PM,
man I am happy that I can see young guys too on these boards...anyway I will recommend you this style.I am not a fan of long hair too.to be honest I will rather be bald than having long hair. medium and short hair is for me too.

Attached Files Image(s)

05-04-2012, 12:30 AM,
what is the density of your full cap ?
and is it french lace ou swiss ?
thx a lot... i m ordering mine in a few days...
05-04-2012, 01:48 AM,
Hi finalwave..... go `softly, softly` at first...... all systems [topper & Fullacap] have `bounce`in them at first---they settle down after the cut-in and a few washes / sleeping with it bonded-on. Certainly too, the shorter the cut, the less `forgiving` they can be.... it`s a balancing-act. Give your system a mild wash [shampoo] in a basin of luke-warm water....this will remove factory-residues such as silicone and colourants....don`t be alarmed if the water turns a really dark colour--perfectly normal on a first wash...blot the hair dry on a towel, and gently brush the hair when almost dry. Mist it daily with water, and brush it. ...... you`ll find it `relaxes`within a week. For your cut-in, leave `extra ` length on it.....don`t go too short on day 1.....you can always go back in a week or two for a bit of `tweaking` ...remember..once it`s cut, it`s cut and won`t grow back !
As for bonding/attachment... just `relax`a bit ..I`m very very lazy with mine...a few strips of tape here and there on the perimiter does me fine [ I remove it nightly] even for the cut-in...you just need it held in place/not sliding around on your head...while you don`t want too much of it `loose`[ or the stylist`s comb could snag the lace] you don`t need every last millimeter `nailed`down tight.... it looks really good on you as it is, but you have the options to train / cut it into a nice [shorter if / as you wish ] style.... I usually leave at least half an inch `extra` on it, especially at the nape, and if I need to , maybe in 10 day`s time, I`d nip back for a slight `adjustment` from the stylist [ about 5-10 minutes is all it takes] You can concentrate on getting your bonding routine `nailed` with a bit of time /experience ....at the moment, I`d be more concerned to get it cut -in to a style you`d like. Enjoy !
05-04-2012, 06:57 AM,
I think you can probably pull off lots of different styles. Keep in mind though that the shorter you go the more likely you are to run into problems. Longer hair can mask ventilation issues that can become very apparent when the hair gets cut down below a couple of inches because the weight of the hair pulls it down and the length helps cover things up.

I always recommend keeping the hair a little longer for your first unit if possible but if you are set on going shorter I would try to shoot for something like the Beckham style that andrei posted. That tiny bit of extra length might save you some hassles.