Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner questions: density & curl
04-24-2012, 04:54 AM,
Beginner questions: density & curl
Hello everyone!

Long story short, I'm 21 y/o from Eastern Europe and, obviously balding. After almost a year of constant struggle with hair loss and trying various drugs (Propecia, Minoxidil and even more potent ones - that's how hard that balding thing hit me) I can't think of anything besides a hairpiece that would be a viable solution.

So, here I am, almost ready to order one piece - but I need to decide about its two properties: density and curl. That's why I'm asking veterans here to give me advice. Since I've never seen a piece before and comparison of different densities or curls is impossible for me, I'm enclosing a couple of photos.

[Image: jedenk.jpg]
[Image: dwal.jpg]

I'm planning to choose French lace. I don't intend to expose my hairline since my preferred haircut involves quite long fringe (or bangs, if you prefer Big Grin ). The wig I'll be ordering is rather small partial, I'm thinning in NW3a pattern, with some extra recession. Nothing that would be considered as extreme, but it makes styling impossible (plus, as mentioned above, it unstoppable).

Any comments are welcome. Big Grin
04-24-2012, 07:11 AM,
RE: Beginner questions: density & curl
Is that you?

Looks like you've got tonnes of hair, it would be better to take a photo of the area you want the partial to sit.
04-25-2012, 05:06 PM,
All you need is a Body Wave for curl.
As for the right density, I'll let someone whose familiar with TopLace densities answer that one.
04-27-2012, 07:06 AM,
@standbyme
yes, that's me. I'll post photos of the frontal part of my head tomorrow.
04-27-2012, 07:22 AM,
Highgarden "Long story short, I'm 21 y/o from Eastern Europe and, obviously balding."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just so you know highgarden, in the pictures you posted, there is nothing to indicate you are "obviously balding".
05-09-2012, 07:00 AM,
Okay, so there's a front view:

[Image: 26773144.jpg]

It's not easy to show you why this thinning bothers me. In reality it looks far worse, mainly due to a big contrast to unaffected areas, where I've always had rather dense hair. Hair there is much thinner, unmanageable and grows slower and no longer than certain length (not to mention that it somehow changed its color). If I had worse hair elsewhere it wouldn't be so troublesome (at least for now). And I don't want to lose my youth worrying about being unable to have a hairstyle I'd like to have - that's why I want to get a wig.

Please, don't get me wrong - I understand that there are people with much worse situation. I'm not here to troll and annoy anyone. I'm looking forward to your suggestions, mainly these concerning density that I should choose.
05-09-2012, 09:09 PM,
Why not just use one of the hair-thickeners/concealers....with that amount of hair you have, while I can see a slight difference in density at the front, it`s still early-days for you to consider wearing..... at least try something liek Toppik or Nanogen fibers to see what it`s like...such a [relatively] small area and the `light` colour shouldn`t lead to too many issues such as being afraid to get caught in a heavy rain shower or pillow slips getting badly -stained.
Reckon you`d get good results at the moment with just a little thickener.. no point crossing your bridges before you come to them...cheers.
05-10-2012, 01:00 AM,
Thanks for your comment, Paul.
I'd prefer to have longer hairstyle with fringe covering my forehead. That's why I'm afraid that concealers aren't the best way to solve the problem.