Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poly Perimeter Question
04-22-2012, 09:08 PM,
Poly Perimeter Question
Other than general durability, What are the advantages to a poly perimeter?
Is it easier for the tape to stick to?

I'm planning to place my custom order next week and I'm just not sure if I should get a poly perimeter or not?

My hair is a medium brown color, and I'm going to order 60-65% density... Would a poly perimeter be visible through that hair?
04-23-2012, 01:45 AM,
RE: Poly Perimeter Question
Hi Black_nail,
Having poly on the back and sides provides a smooth surface for tape and glue to bond to. And with more surface area to bond to (compared to just lace) you get a stronger bond. The poly is not detectable to sight. With your density, 60-65% it will not be visible. But the trade-off (there's always trade-offs in these choices) is that the poly can be detectable to touch. So if you're concerned about a woman running her fingers through your hair you might want to go with all lace. Also, people that wear all lace say that it's not necessary to have a bond that lasts beyond 2 weeks. They like to remove their units after 1-2 weeks, clean their scalp, and do a fresh attachment. They say that the lengthy bond time causes their scalp to itch and they're not comfortable with having a unit on for more than 2 weeks.
Regards,
John
http://:toplace.com/
04-23-2012, 08:22 AM,
Thanks for the reply John.
I'll go with just lace. That's what my last piece was and i didn't have any issue with the bond on that. I don't think i'll be allowing anyone's hands to go near my hair for a long time till i'm 1000% confident and comfortable myself.
Also, i don't wish to go any longer than 3 or 4 days between de/reattachment, so i'm sure just lace will do me fine.

Thanks for your help Smile
04-23-2012, 10:27 AM,
"Also, i don't wish to go any longer than 3 or 4 days between de/reattachment, so i'm sure just lace will do me fine."

On the other hand, that strip of poly around the edges will let you remove and re-attach (particularly with tape) more frequently without having to worry so much about wearing out the piece too fast by pulling the hair out by the knots through the base.
04-23-2012, 10:39 AM,
wow, that didn't even cross my mind.
Damn, So many things to think about!

thanks!