Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st time experience
04-06-2012, 08:55 AM,
RE: 1st time experience
Hey Theone,
I am in the same position as you, i have been wearing a SFS for a month now. It is a stock piece, not as fitting as i would like to be but it is a stock piece. The stock unit doesn't fit perfectly to my skull and i don't like it tight either so i can feel there is a gap when i lay down but ive gotten use to it at this point. However, i can't wait for the custom piece to arrive in less than a month (fingers crossed). Since you are going to the salon, you should voice your concerns if its too tight or too loose. at the end of the end it is your head and you are the only person that knows better. It is true after a few days it will loosen up. It gets even better after a few weeks with the hair settling down and looking good with the right products and care and proper maintenance.

I used shower caps on day #1 and #2 to prevent water from touching the piece as it is still new but i shower my own growing side/back hairs everyday. I go to the gym on Day 3, 4 and 5, 7. I shampoo on day 3 and rinse on Day 4 and 5. Day 6 or Day 7, i will remove it. I can probably last for another 10 days but for hygienic purposes, i prefer not to. I usually will leave it off for a night just to let my scalp breathe and start wearing again on Day 8 and back to routine on Day 1 and so on and so forth. For styling, i will mist it with water using a spray bottle then i use PPI enhance leave in conditioner (i do it everyday, some people every other day) Thanks to PAUL!. PPI smells good and make your hair softer. Then i use waxworks, style and blow-dry for a min using cool temp to keep it steady looking and wet, i don't use comb to style it or blow dry instead i use my fingers. I dont use waxworks everyday, sometimes the next morning i will just mist it with water and PPI Enhance only and i am ready to go. I also recommend L'oreal Every-style Alcohol Free Serum & Shine.
http://www.target.com/p/EverStyle-Smooth...u=13748183 It's $6+ at target and its awesome.

For tape (side/back perimeter) - I used Walker no shine tape but it last me only 6/7 days and it felt a little itchy. Now i am using Extenda-Bond Tape Strips, no lifting, no itching, after 7 days. tape is still sticking even after one shampoo and 3 rinsing in a week plus sweat from exercising. I know for a certain i can continue using this tape for at least 2 weeks! Also helps, i spray with no swear pro bond that ive purchased from HD onto my scalp prior to bonding with the extenda tape. It works! I love extenda bond tape cus it comes with strips and i put the tapes on top of the other/overlapping. My next tape that i am going to try is the blue tape and super tape.
For Glue (Front) - ORWG period....i dont use anything else...i tried ghost bond and i dont like it, it bleeds at times.

I am battling with ripples, sometimes they are perfect other times they are not. I did a lot of touch-up at the front. I cant wait to the day that i am getting my custom unit. Smile

Hope this helps.

Messages In This Thread
1st time experience - Theone - 04-05-2012, 11:08 AM
RE: 1st time experience - ToplaceUSA - 04-06-2012, 02:36 AM
RE: 1st time experience - Theone - 04-06-2012, 03:47 AM
RE: 1st time experience - Paul In Ireland - 04-06-2012, 04:55 AM
RE: 1st time experience - Hairenough - 04-06-2012, 05:29 AM
RE: 1st time experience - LP Dude - 04-06-2012, 07:10 AM
RE: 1st time experience - journeyofman - 04-06-2012, 08:55 AM
RE: 1st time experience - Theone - 04-06-2012, 12:36 PM
RE: 1st time experience - Paul In Ireland - 04-11-2012, 07:53 AM