Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st time experience
04-05-2012, 11:08 AM,
1st time experience
Hi, first time wearer here. My concern is that the piece sometimes feels uncomfortable. Like wearing a cap, does any1 know why and by searching this forum, no1 else has experienced it. I am wearing a french lace, stock piece. Anything i can do to make it more comfortable and less heavy? Paul in ireland help? And the density is a bit on the thick side, when its wet it looks beter but not dry.
And i can feel the tape when i run my fingers through my hair, is this normal, eg the edges feel a bit rough. Not sure what tape has been used as it was done at a salon.
I also want to know, do i shower with the system attached, and shampoo the system too. Thanks
04-06-2012, 02:36 AM,
RE: 1st time experience
Hi Theone,
The feeling of 'wearing a cap' and the tape issue could be one and the same. The salon could have given you a 'tight bond' and hence the feeling of wearing a cap. Salons tend to do this--it will loosen up in time. And if you can feel the tape it's probably a thicker tape than normal. There should be very little if any detection to the touch with a tape like Super Tape or Walker No Shine Tape. You can shower and shampoo the system at the same time. But shampoo only when necessary--it will extend the life of the unit. You can shampoo your own hair on the back and sides as much as you want.
Regards,
John
04-06-2012, 03:47 AM,
Thanks sooo much John,
You are right, its been 2 days now and yes it feels better now. Can't feel it as much on my head as 2 days ago, i hope it becomes more comfortable in a few days. and when i go back to the salon i'll ask what tape they used. My girlfriend went with me and was watching and learning, and after a few more visits to the salon, i'll get her to do all the maintainance at home. Thanks John.
04-06-2012, 04:55 AM,
Hi Theone.... as John said, it will loosen ...it`s 2 factors at play here.... it`s `new` to you, so you`ll be conscious of it, and the salon has used a thick-ish tape and stretched the lace a bit so it`s kind of `pulling`the scalp and you are `registering` it....it`ll be fine when you do your own bond. I use Walker no-shine tape and get a good hold/bond time with it..... it`s great that you have someone to help you at home now..you`ll find your own little ways of doing things and likes/dislikes as you go along. I avoid frequent shampooing... system hair is not like growing hair...it`s not oily or `dirty`as such....a simple spritzing with water in the morning, and some leave-in conditioner a few times a week, is all I do. You can shampoo your growing side/back hair as John said.... the conditioner I`m always ranting-on about it ``PPI Enhance`` ...you can Google it for suppliers...... a wearer was telling me last week he got it recently and is totally delighted with it.....no stickiness or build-up and a simple spritz with water, in between applications , freshens it/hair, up again....really kind to hair and has a sunscreen in it too. The salons always go for a really taut bond for some reason..... a little bit of stretch is good, but too tight and you`ll be conscious of it. Regards for now.
04-06-2012, 05:29 AM,
I had the same feeling with french lace but with SFS lace after your first few weeks wearing you should not be able to even notice it. I don't feel like I'm wearing anything on my head at all. When I rub my hand over my hair i feel no edge or bumps or anything. It feels like my own hair. Swiss is more comfortable and the new Ultra Lace is probably even more so!
04-06-2012, 07:10 AM,
Big thing here.. when you wash it... go in one direction. Less tangles
04-06-2012, 08:55 AM,
Hey Theone,
I am in the same position as you, i have been wearing a SFS for a month now. It is a stock piece, not as fitting as i would like to be but it is a stock piece. The stock unit doesn't fit perfectly to my skull and i don't like it tight either so i can feel there is a gap when i lay down but ive gotten use to it at this point. However, i can't wait for the custom piece to arrive in less than a month (fingers crossed). Since you are going to the salon, you should voice your concerns if its too tight or too loose. at the end of the end it is your head and you are the only person that knows better. It is true after a few days it will loosen up. It gets even better after a few weeks with the hair settling down and looking good with the right products and care and proper maintenance.

I used shower caps on day #1 and #2 to prevent water from touching the piece as it is still new but i shower my own growing side/back hairs everyday. I go to the gym on Day 3, 4 and 5, 7. I shampoo on day 3 and rinse on Day 4 and 5. Day 6 or Day 7, i will remove it. I can probably last for another 10 days but for hygienic purposes, i prefer not to. I usually will leave it off for a night just to let my scalp breathe and start wearing again on Day 8 and back to routine on Day 1 and so on and so forth. For styling, i will mist it with water using a spray bottle then i use PPI enhance leave in conditioner (i do it everyday, some people every other day) Thanks to PAUL!. PPI smells good and make your hair softer. Then i use waxworks, style and blow-dry for a min using cool temp to keep it steady looking and wet, i don't use comb to style it or blow dry instead i use my fingers. I dont use waxworks everyday, sometimes the next morning i will just mist it with water and PPI Enhance only and i am ready to go. I also recommend L'oreal Every-style Alcohol Free Serum & Shine.
http://www.target.com/p/EverStyle-Smooth...u=13748183 It's $6+ at target and its awesome.

For tape (side/back perimeter) - I used Walker no shine tape but it last me only 6/7 days and it felt a little itchy. Now i am using Extenda-Bond Tape Strips, no lifting, no itching, after 7 days. tape is still sticking even after one shampoo and 3 rinsing in a week plus sweat from exercising. I know for a certain i can continue using this tape for at least 2 weeks! Also helps, i spray with no swear pro bond that ive purchased from HD onto my scalp prior to bonding with the extenda tape. It works! I love extenda bond tape cus it comes with strips and i put the tapes on top of the other/overlapping. My next tape that i am going to try is the blue tape and super tape.
For Glue (Front) - ORWG period....i dont use anything else...i tried ghost bond and i dont like it, it bleeds at times.

I am battling with ripples, sometimes they are perfect other times they are not. I did a lot of touch-up at the front. I cant wait to the day that i am getting my custom unit. Smile

Hope this helps.
04-06-2012, 12:36 PM,
Thanks sooo much for your reply. So, the next time i visit the salon (in 12 days) i will tell them not to do it too tight.
Paul where do u get your products from. I am in england, and i still need to get the tape, lace release etc, any good sites that you may have used before.
I hope the system becomes loose over time, as i prefer french lace because of its durability.
04-11-2012, 07:53 AM,
My apologies for the late reply..... I`ve sent you an e-mail.!