Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair loss cure
04-01-2012, 09:49 AM,
Hair loss cure
Well I'm looking to start a healthy discussion amongst hair system wearers. I have not taken the plunge as of yet but would like to hear some reasoning. Basically how concerned or hopeful are you guys to a future hair loss cure?

I have been waiting and have been disappointed numerous times over possible cures. What happens when you get the hairpiece? Do you look back or does it just not matter anymore if the "cure" ever comes or not?

Do any of you get the piece in anticipation of a cure, or do you flat out just accept that this is your new way of life?

I'm sure all of you would answer yes... Yes we welcome a cure but my real question is how bad do you really want it after you started wearing a piece?

Lets say that a cure came tomorrow that guaranteed a full head of hair, but it was priced just out of your budget. I mean doable but you would have to struggle for years to be able to pay it off. I would say a safe figure for most here would be $150,000 for your hair back permanently.... How would you feel about this news?

A) Take the plunge without thinking about it.
B) No way thats too much money and isnt worth it, I'll stick to the piece maintenance
C) I so wish I can do it but will never be able to afford it, I guess i'm stuck with the piece
D) A hairpiece is just fine, doesnt bother me and its more than fine with me.

My stance right now is let me get the piece as a diversion until the real cure comes out. Then hopefully it will hold over until the cure comes out and no one the wiser!

I want to hear absolutely honest reasoning and feelings towards this. Did you get a piece and then just realized hey.... Forget this cure nonsense???
04-01-2012, 10:49 AM,
RE: Hair loss cure
You have to live for today.
And today, right now, there is no 'cure', at any price.
I spent a lot of time & money on alternatives and worrying about my hair.

When I was younger, I waited 5 years for Minoxidil to be developed and struggled by with concealers.
Likewise with FUE transplants.
My hair looked awful & painted on.
I spent £17,000 on my hair at a time when a 4 bed house cost me £30,000.

Wearing has allowed me to get on with my life for the last 20 years and look better and be confident.

I don't 'forget about a possible cure' but I have forgotten about feeling distressed & self conscious about my hairloss.
You can waste the best part of your youth waiting for that cure.
04-01-2012, 12:30 PM,
Gotta concur with Hersute. If a miracle cure comes along, so be it. I'll think about it then. It's pretty simple to have great hair all the time with a piece - buy the finest thin skin/swiss lace, order loads (wear, say,1 per month), get them styled looking the same, discard or sell on afterwards - job done. Perfect solution for the guy, or girl, who has plenty of cash. You then always have the same style & great looking, fresh hair, all the time. Regards
04-01-2012, 04:07 PM,
if it was a total cure i would find the cash to get it done. oh how i dream of being able to just go somewhere for a month without worrying about what my hair is doing.
04-01-2012, 11:11 PM,
I think theres a possibility in the future that you could prevent balding, I cant see there ever being a cure for someone who is already bold.

I see a drug like propecia being made available that stops you balding (propecia does this already for some).

The only thing that will give you your hair back are transplants, the fact they are so much better today than 20 years ago proves progress has been made, IO think this will continue and maybe cloning will come also so no matter how bald you are you gcan get your hair back.

As for a magic pill that will grow all your hair back, cant see that ever happening.
04-02-2012, 05:10 AM,
I have to agree with standbyme.... I've done a lot of research regarding hair loss and possible cures and prevention. A hair loss dr. once told me that six months or so after the hair has left the shaft scar tissue develops over the follicle and nothing can ever grow out of it again. He told me that in reference to using propecia but I would think that would prevent any so called cure from being effective after this has happened.
04-02-2012, 05:15 AM,
I think of what I do now as a cure. Its not the perfect cure, but it is a cure for me. I stopped thinking about cures because I used to read about them about 10 years ago with all this promise and bullshit and 10 years later nothing came out. You hear about breakthroughs but than it goes dead. I mean there should be a cure very soon in the year 2012.. There is a lot of genetic research going on and if they can't cure hairloss as a stepping stone to greater diseases it tells you something about the industry. If they can cure hairloss they can probably start curing other diseases,,, and that would make the medical field lose a ton of money. So who knows.. I just stop thinking about what ifs.. I mean its good to have hope and look towards a brighter future, but I just concentrate on the now and what the current options are this minute. Out of everything I have seen for hair loss treatments.. The only viable options to me right now are hair systems and concealers. If you have enough of your own hair left, you can look into concealers, and if you need a lot of hair replaced, hair systems.. Surgery seems a crap shoot with tons of drawbacks, and medication just seems useless. Hair tattooing seems very limiting and very risky with a lot of considerations.
04-05-2012, 02:32 AM,
An outright cure is unlikely because the drug companies don't look for cures, they look for continual treatments. Meaning that they want to offer us a pill we have to take for the rest of our lives to keep our hair. If they invented a pill or therapy we took once and our hair started growing back to perfect again, they wouldn't make back their millions invested in research and make lots of profit. If they give us something we have to keep taking forever, they win big.
04-05-2012, 02:32 AM,
An outright cure is unlikely because the drug companies don't look for cures, they look for continual treatments. Meaning that they want to offer us a pill we have to take for the rest of our lives to keep our hair. If they invented a pill or therapy we took once and our hair started growing back to perfect again, they wouldn't make back their millions invested in research and make lots of profit. If they give us something we have to keep taking forever, they win big.
04-06-2012, 05:25 AM,
I'm not really asking about the likelihood of a cure... I am more concerned about the emotional aspects and thoughts on wearing a piece as opposed to a cure. a couple of posts up "Xeon005" Stated he considers what he does now as a cure! Thats basically what I was looking for. Are you guys really wishing a cure comes, or is it not that important anymore?