Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair in front of system
03-28-2012, 07:27 AM,
Hair in front of system
Hey all! So I've been debating whether it's worth it to keep hair in front of the system or not. I didn't find too many threads about it (some mentioned the option of doing it, but none say if it's worth it or not). So do any of you do that? Is it worth it? Helpful? Or just problematic (front hair not moving the same as piece, sweat dampening front strip of hair but not system, etc).

I'm mostly thinning at the crown, but do have a receeding hairline. There is enough hair it might help hide lace, but not sure and looking for advice and opinions. Thanks guys!
03-28-2012, 09:12 AM,
RE: Hair in front of system
To get the best advice, most suitable to you, you'd really need to post a picture of your hairline.

If possible, include your eyebrows in the picture as that really helps to get an idea of the recession.
03-29-2012, 08:03 AM,
keep the hair, gives you more options,
lace can be a pain,most of my first units front lace has frayed away,
and i can say its a hell of alot easier with just the poly hairline,
will be moving onto my first skin system soon , been in storage a 15 months unworn,
never thought id move from lace hairline to skin,but its easiere to clean anbd looks dam good.
still open on lace front or skin,as ainbt worn me real mewd skin system,
make sure you cut some age appropriate reccesion accross the front hairline,
maybee you dont need to my hairdresser disdnt , and i hAD a horizontial square front hairline with no reccestion,i asked her to cut in some the next visit, suprised she didnt on the first cut in.
anyway its all good so far, not a regret.
it takes a brave person to wear,but hell is that bravery rewarded with happiness and contentment, and no more comprimises on styling options, loooking more than 10 years younger,
i tend to ramble on, why? well because im passionte about wearing,because the results are
breathtaking.
anthony
03-29-2012, 11:01 AM,
That's a good idea. Try it out with the hair in front and if it doesn't work, i can always shave it off. You'll have to let us know how you like skin instead of lace. The debate keeps going back and forth as to which one is better. I'm starting with lace (already have the unit, just waiting for my hair to grow to a good length). I'm pretty nervous to jump into wearing. Still have a ton of questions and concerns.... but I hope it's all worth it in the end. Scary stuff..... ha.
03-29-2012, 12:20 PM,
My advice as someone who has tried both options: Shave the front. Lining it up with your sstem hair and matching the density and trying to keep glu off real hair - all a nightmare. Also, you're resitricted to longer styles to hide the join. Just shave it and enjoy a much easier to manage setup with a nice uniform density and hair texture.
03-29-2012, 12:20 PM,
My advice as someone who has tried both options: Shave the front. Lining it up with your sstem hair and matching the density and trying to keep glu off real hair - all a nightmare. Also, you're resitricted to longer styles to hide the join. Just shave it and enjoy a much easier to manage setup with a nice uniform density and hair texture.