Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trimming front SFS lace
03-27-2012, 12:25 PM,
trimming front SFS lace
How much lace do you leave at the front hairline?
03-27-2012, 01:54 PM,
RE: trimming front SFS lace
Did a search of the forum using keywords...simple really! http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?...rench+lace Regards
03-27-2012, 02:08 PM,
(03-27-2012, 01:54 PM)MattNH Wrote: Did a search of the forum using keywords...simple really! http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?...rench+lace Regards

Searches never turn up what I want. Thanks.
03-27-2012, 05:48 PM,
MattNH is like me, we see the same questions being asked week after week and we have answered them all before.
We then see the same answers being given by the same people, time after time.
He's quite right, the information is on the site if you look for it.

Your short answer is; Its up to you.
Some people cut it right back to the hairline, others leave about an eighth of an inch.
Some people say that if you leave that much, it lasts longer and is less prone to fray.

Personally, I cut it right back to where it meets the hair.
03-28-2012, 06:33 AM,
It has been asked many times, but anyway...

I used to leave a little lace because it means when you comb back your hair or are styling it, there's more lace in front of the hair to stick down rather than pulling on the hair and it lifting the lace off my bond. But it was much harder to hide. If I was standing and someone was sitting and they looked up at my hairline, they might see a line if the lace wasn't all down perfectly.

So cutting right to the hair is what I do now and this gives a more natural appearance. At the expense of sometimes it lifts a bit when I'm styling my hair back.
04-02-2012, 05:45 AM,
I think its a good question, yeah its been discussed before, but honestly sometimes finding information on this forum in the search is pretty difficult.

There really isn't any specific rule of thumb for doing this. It really depends on how well the lace disappears.. If you want to wear your hair completely back, and the lace isn't really invisible on your skin 100 percent , you could cut it right as close to the hairline as you can. But generally people prefer to leave a little bit extra lace in the front. I like to leave a little bit because when the hairline frays you have some room to trim it off. For example.. As your trimming.. u can put the lace against a dark background.. like a black shirt or something so you can see where the knots are.. U can try leaving anywhere from one lace square to 1.5 to two empty lace squares in front of the knot. To give an approx of measurement.. get your ruler out.. find where the MM. millimeters are. I think a good amount would be 2 to 4 mm's of extra bare lace left at the front.. U don't have to measure it or be exact.. but just to give u a general idea of about the amount of lace you should be leaving.. and you can always tweak it. If you feel its too much bare lace u can cut it up to 1 mm etc of the hairline. Really the choice is yours.