Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got another Richard Farrell unit to duplicate
03-28-2012, 08:44 AM,
RE: Got another Richard Farrell unit to duplicate
(03-28-2012, 07:17 AM)OhioGuy Wrote: I heard Farrell lasts quite a bit longer than Toplace though, sort of helping the initial cost not sound quite as high. Is that true?

Richard Farrel states that his units last seven years. If there is anyone out there that gets seven years from a real human hair system I'd love to hear from them! It's just not possible.
03-28-2012, 09:20 AM,
I'd love to see what a system that has been worn daily for 7 years looks like. If it's only worn say at a family function 3-4 times a year then great.
03-28-2012, 09:30 AM,
I think Farrell means long after the piece itself has expired, the PAYMENTS last for 7 years!!
04-01-2012, 07:31 AM,
(03-28-2012, 07:17 AM)OhioGuy Wrote: I heard Farrell lasts quite a bit longer than Toplace though, sort of helping the initial cost not sound quite as high. Is that true?

I haven't worn a mono base so this is only a wild guess, but it is my understanding that the hair actually lasts longer if a mono base is used. If they are using a heavier base type this might help explain an increase in longevity. If this is true that means that a TL piece with a mono base would do the same thing. I doubt that most people are willing to make that tradeoff though.
04-02-2012, 05:25 AM,
7 years could be jargon.. Could be their thickest base and they are including maintenance you pay for with the hair system.. such as hair adds, hair re-coloring etc. He runs salons.. at his prices people are probably reluctant to throw them away when they get crappy and get hair adds new fronts put on etc.. That claim could mean having some kind of monofilent base for 7 years and replacing the front every few months and getting hair adds and recoloring at his salon
04-02-2012, 09:45 AM,
JRob,
Why would hair last longer on a mono base than a lace base? Human hair oxidizes over time from exposure to the sun, washing, etc. So whatever material the hair is attached to should have no affect on the longevity of the hair itself. I used to see a lot of fine mono bases from former Richard Farrell customers and it's true the the fine mono base (although it's yesterday's technology) lasts a long time due to it's bulk. But a fine mono or a lace base with proper treatment will outlast the hair.
Regards,
John
04-03-2012, 06:17 AM,
From my personal experience hair does last longer on a fine mono base. Even I was surprised why this is so. I started my hair replacement journey by a fine mono base! I wore the system for 10 months and even after 10 months the system was decent. The reason I discarded it was because I have a little sensitive scalp and mono base tends to be a little rough on the skin. I have visited several hair replacement salons in India for a cutin and have asked them the reason why hair lasts longer on Mono base. All of them gave me one reason that they tend to use less processed hair on mono base compared to lace base. In India majority of the people still use fine Mono base. Also, in mono base hair does not shed so easily. Fine mono base is great for those who are ok with a little rough base on skin and a comb over hair style.
04-03-2012, 06:22 AM,
(04-02-2012, 09:45 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: JRob,
Why would hair last longer on a mono base than a lace base? Human hair oxidizes over time from exposure to the sun, washing, etc. So whatever material the hair is attached to should have no affect on the longevity of the hair itself. I used to see a lot of fine mono bases from former Richard Farrell customers and it's true the the fine mono base (although it's yesterday's technology) lasts a long time due to it's bulk. But a fine mono or a lace base with proper treatment will outlast the hair.
Regards,
John

I have no idea. Debbie was telling me this awhile back. She said there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, but it's true nonetheless.
04-03-2012, 11:33 AM,
His units are made of real human hair same as Toplace. His units are attached to lace same as Toplace. His units are knotted to the base same as Toplace. It's a complete fallacy that his units last for 7 years.
04-04-2012, 01:33 AM,
(04-03-2012, 11:33 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: His units are made of real human hair same as Toplace. His units are attached to lace same as Toplace. His units are knotted to the base same as Toplace. It's a complete fallacy that his units last for 7 years.

A unit couldn't last 7 years even if it was never worn. Eventually the hair will dry out and discolor where you couldn't wear it anyway.