Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Which photo is the hair piece?
03-19-2012, 05:16 AM,
RE: Which photo is the hair piece?
With proper side hair and temples and a good cut in, there should be no reason you could not achieve this look with any decent piece. Not sure why youre having an issue.
03-19-2012, 09:34 AM,
(01-28-2012, 10:29 AM)Hairenough Wrote: Which of these guys is wearing?

[Image: original.aspx]

If this is actually someone wearing hair, then it procves the conclusion I have come to after a few years, that the best solution for most people would be a small FUE transplant to restore temple points, and a topper hair system.

As others have pointed out, it's the temporal points that make all the difference.
03-19-2012, 02:01 PM,
Seems that temple flaps would do the trick just fine.
03-20-2012, 11:37 PM,
Dave 83 I agree. I still have pretty thick sides, (I'm starting propecia to keep them that way). Transplants to fill in the slight recession of the temples, and then a topper on top. There is no problem filling in the top- its the damn sides that are IMO the toughest to get right- they can either make or break a piece. For those who want the MOST realistic piece, as I know we all do, I would really work on perfecting the sides- either with a transplant (my plan) or as Amstat states great temple flaps (rather than leaving the hair long from a topper- kind of a give-away IMO).
03-22-2012, 10:40 AM,
I hope the Propecia works well for you Jstar, I'm not brave enough to take it for fear of side effects!

I currently only need my right temple filled in, to bring it in line with the left temple and avoid the wide-head Mr Burns look that recession at the side of the head (i.e. just above sideburn) gives. I estimate the area is between two and three square centimetres. I want to keep my hair fairly short so it need not be a terribly dense transplant.

With a small FUE transplant, I could shave the hair off the front three inches or so, and replace it with a small system. I would NEVER get a transplant on the top of my head, as it's rarely if ever possible to get a good enough density, and there's no way I would ever go for strip surgery (I would be planning a small FUE session).