Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing Tape From Lace?
03-18-2012, 04:40 AM,
Removing Tape From Lace?
Hey Guys,

I had to try my first de/rebond solo today and when I removed the piece most of the tape stayed on the lace. I have searched the forums for advice on how to remove tape and pretty much have found just advice on how to remove glue from the lace but not tape. Can I do this mirror slide thing for tape removal or is their some other way you guys can recommend? Thanks.

Attached Files Image(s)

03-18-2012, 06:03 AM,
RE: Removing Tape From Lace?
First of all what kind of tape are you using? How I removed tape is I squirt the alcohol through the lace and try to release it that way.. If it comes off my scalp first and is still stuck on the lace. Just keep soaking the alcohol through the top side of the lace until the tape peels off.. And if there is any residue left over, than u could do the mirror slide or use something like citrus solvent etc.
03-18-2012, 10:19 PM,
I just pull it off, never had a problem..

P.S. I use 'Blue Liner Lace Front Support Tape Roll' all over
03-19-2012, 01:02 PM,
I Have this problem on a regular basis,where some of the tape stays on the lace.What i do,is get my fingernail under the edge of the tape and spray alcohol under the edge as you slowly peel the tape off,and i mean slowly does it,with plenty of alcohol.If you pull the tape straight off the lace you will pull hair through,some thing you don't want to do.

Regards topcat.