Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Finally making the break to DIY from rip off salons.....Advice Needed :-)
03-12-2012, 10:23 AM,
Finally making the break to DIY from rip off salons.....Advice Needed :-)
Hi guys,

Im finally making the break from being a hair salon customer to DIY maintanance. I was hoping some people who have gone down this road previously could give me some advice.

For the past number of months I have been trying to do the removal and re attachment of my hair (up until now a topper but shortly transitioning to a full cap). However when I reattch using the glue and tape, I never seem to get a proper fit like I do in the salon. It can lift sometimes as early as that day.

I shampoo the hair and base with the recommended shampoo, then condition the hair doing the same and shampoo one last time. For my own hair/scalp I apply some glue melter and comb out the glue. I then shampoo and wash my own hair/scalp, throughly rinsing atleast twice.

Using a hair dryer, I dry my own hair/scalp and apply a layer of glue, before using the hair dryer on the underside of the membrane. I apply tape to the membrane perimiters and wait for the glue to seep into my own scalp (normally about 10-15 minutes) and then attach.

Whilst it holds initially, withing a couple of days it becomes noticable and lifts a lot if I play any kind of sports. Is there some trick I am missing here that Salons do behind the scenes?

As a final question(Getting my moneys worth here lol) I have trouble with clumps of glue in the hair and on the edges of the membrane at the roots. Is there something apart from Glue Melter that I can use to get rid of these?

Also what products, does a first time self maintanace guy need to have?

Thanks Guys, I know its a really long one but any help is greatly appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Finally making the break to DIY from rip off salons.....Advice Needed :-) - pokerAce316 - 03-12-2012, 10:23 AM