Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First timer pics
03-12-2012, 06:31 AM,
RE: First timer pics
Great first attempt and i agree that something is slightly off?
To my eye the hair is maybe just a little too far back, the hairline contour is too straight and the density is too high.
If i can offer some contstructive critisism and some advice.
If it were me i would drop the density by 20% and opt for a 'C' or an 'A' shape contour and bring the whole system forward by 1/2" - 1".
Sometimes little changes make all the difference.
03-12-2012, 06:52 AM,
Looks great bro!

Don't listen to these critics! You could post a pic of your own growing hair and they'd pick it apart and say its all wrong!

If you have any issues with the knots at the hairline, just get them bleached. Other than that, it looks perfect!
03-12-2012, 09:13 AM,
James the poster himself notices something wrong with the system and no one is criticising for the sake of it!
Just trying to help the guy.
03-12-2012, 10:23 AM,
I really like the classic cut hairstyle you have great side hair I wish I had the same . No one would know it was a piece. As for the density and ventilation in photos it can be misleading . I don't think anything looks off blend is great. But I know from first hand you know personally if something does not feel quite right. Looks really good though .
03-13-2012, 03:10 AM,
This is just to give you a rough idea about what others mean by a little less density at the front and more curvature across the hairline.

Its not the best I can do as I've broken my right arm and am working one handed!
My next attachment is going to be a disaster!

Hope the picture illustrates what a huge difference a few minor adjustments can make.

Attached Files Image(s)

03-19-2012, 06:41 AM,
So you mentioned that people at work obviously knew it was a hair system because of the drastic change, how did most people react to it? What were they saying?
03-20-2012, 11:33 PM,
IMO the only reaction that truly matters is your own....how do YOU feel about wearing? As long as you make it the best it can be- create a style that works for YOU and looks natural...then it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or how they react. I'm 23, and without my hair piece, while my face/skin looks young, my whole look is older and *not me*. You have to have confidence with these pieces...work on them, perfect them- but more importantly know that you are only restoring a piece of yourself that has been unfairly taken away from you. Alot of men wear hair pieces and I truly believe that they ARE becoming more acceptable because of how advanced they are today- just look at Enrique Inglesias. If it looks great, suits you and is natural- looking, then you have no problem, and should have no hang ups about wearing. If it improves your quality of life, you owe it to yourself...and make it clear to those who challenge you, or disaprove, that you are doing it for yourself- tell them to come back when they have to deal with MPB ..."then we can talk!"
03-21-2012, 02:58 AM,
I agree with what you say but if people are starring at you and come to you asking questions then something draws them the attention...maybe you are doing something wrong. I need to make everything good ...almost perfect so nobody could tell I am wearing.I don't see the point of wearing when you have an obvious piece.
03-24-2012, 02:18 PM,
Cheers for the input. I figured it out. Simple really. I moved it forward about a quarter/half inch Smile
Keeping the front lace ultra clean is obviously very important. Can't say enough about paying attention to clean up. I've discovered that tape as far forward as possible is best. Glue really only needs to be literally for the edge.
Vapon noglue gets a bit dirty after a day or two. Ultrahold gets a bit rancid, but after my last application (sparingly) it's looking good.

My order of ghostbond just arrived, so I'm looking forward to using that.

In regard to reaction. All have been great. I've now had two people 'have a quiet word' as they are 'fighting the same battle'. That's more of a compliment I think.

I've determined that the color and everything works brilliantly in daylight, normal light etc, but under white light e.g no window bathrooms, it seems to look darker. That might be density. It might be that I haven't colored my natural hair, which has a few greys. Still studying that one.

Really happy. Moving it forward a bit solved the 'off'. Could probably go forward a little more. Will see when cutting down my next.

Loving life. Reborn.
I'm reminded of Paul Newman's last shot in the Color of Money... "I'm Back!"
03-24-2012, 02:18 PM,
Cheers for the input. I figured it out. Simple really. I moved it forward about a quarter/half inch Smile
Thanks Hersute. I think that's what you were getting at.
Keeping the front lace ultra clean is obviously very important. Can't say enough about paying attention to clean up. I've discovered that tape as far forward as possible is best. Glue really only needs to be literally for the edge.
Vapon notape gets a bit dirty after a day or two. Ultrahold gets a bit rancid, but after my last application (sparingly) it's looking good.

My order of ghostbond just arrived, so I'm looking forward to using that.

In regard to reaction. All have been great. I've now had two people 'have a quiet word' as they are 'fighting the same battle'. That's more of a compliment I think.

I've determined that the color and everything works brilliantly in daylight, normal light etc, but under white light e.g no window bathrooms, it seems to look darker. That might be density. It might be that I haven't colored my natural hair, which has a few greys. Still studying that one.

Really happy. Moving it forward a bit solved the 'off'. Could probably go forward a little more. Will see when cutting down my next.

Loving life. Reborn.
I'm reminded of Paul Newman's last shot in the Color of Money... "I'm Back!"