Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help in Manhattan
03-25-2012, 03:32 PM,
Help in Manhattan
I am on a trip to Manhattan...I thought I would wear my system for the first time....since no one here knows me...lol
I had it attached back home professionally with tape...Since I have a oily scalp I think I will need to re-attach....Does anyone know a stylist here in Manhattan that will just re-attach ?
I am loving wearing my system...I hope to finally wear it back home!

Thanks!
03-25-2012, 08:27 PM,
RE: Help in Manhattan
Why not just do it yourself ? I assume you have your supplies with you [Lace-release, tape/s]
Tapes are easier--well, `cleaner`to work with than glue, so it`s only a matter of using lace release to free your system, peel the tapes off your scalp, shampoo your head, apply fresh tape/s to the base , position it on your head, and peel off the backing -paper, attaching it as you go around the perimeter. I assume the person who did it for you used `Contour` at the very front bit [boomerang-shaped tape] ..they can be a bit tricky to work with [ well, I have found them to be] but nothing that a bit of patience won`t cure.
I know New York is a big place so not sure of the distances involved, but a stylist used by many wearers is Didi...her details were posted a while back by John:

DIDI NIKOLOVA
she's at James Bentley Salon, 533 West 57th street in between 10th and 11th avenue, on the 7th floor. You can walk it from GCT, but itll prob be around 20-30 min, you can hop into a cab for about $10 including tip, or take the train; Walk 0.49 miles (10 minutes) Northwest from GCT to 42ND ST -
BRYANT PARK STATION B line D line F line V line; [email protected] , OR MY CELL. 646-­932-­1108 Former Richard Farrell hair sytlist
03-25-2012, 11:30 PM,
Thanks Paul!
I brought some tape with me, but I get so frustrated trying to pull it apart...the lady at home did it in minutes!
I will call Didi on Monday...

THANKS!
03-26-2012, 01:45 PM,
(03-25-2012, 08:27 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Why not just do it yourself ? I assume you have your supplies with you [Lace-release, tape/s]
Tapes are easier--well, `cleaner`to work with than glue, so it`s only a matter of using lace release to free your system, peel the tapes off your scalp, shampoo your head, apply fresh tape/s to the base , position it on your head, and peel off the backing -paper, attaching it as you go around the perimeter. I assume the person who did it for you used `Contour` at the very front bit [boomerang-shaped tape] ..they can be a bit tricky to work with [ well, I have found them to be] but nothing that a bit of patience won`t cure.
I know New York is a big place so not sure of the distances involved, but a stylist used by many wearers is Didi...her details were posted a while back by John:

DIDI NIKOLOVA
she's at James Bentley Salon, 533 West 57th street in between 10th and 11th avenue, on the 7th floor. You can walk it from GCT, but itll prob be around 20-30 min, you can hop into a cab for about $10 including tip, or take the train; Walk 0.49 miles (10 minutes) Northwest from GCT to 42ND ST -
BRYANT PARK STATION B line D line F line V line; [email protected] , OR MY CELL. 646-­932-­1108 Former Richard Farrell hair sytlist

I made a appointment with DIDI....looking forward to meeting her.
Thanks!