Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celebrity Hair Piece (photo)
03-01-2012, 03:14 AM,
Celebrity Hair Piece (photo)
Hey guys, I haven't posted in a while here, some of you might remember me. So I just attended a lecture by Seinfeild's Jason Alexander (George) and at the end of the lecture he opened up to questions and answers. Someone politely asked him, "so can you explain you hair?" It was obvious that he had more hair now than he did when he played George, so it was a fair question.

He laughed and confidently explained he was wearing a hair system. He said there were three reasons why he started doing it. 1st, he was getting type casted too often as the short bald guy and wanted to chance his look to show casting directors he was more versitile. 2nd, pure vanity. One was put on for a play and he looked at himself in the mirror and said, "well hey.... this is kinda cute!" 3rd, his wife suggested he try it out. During a different play his wife said his bald head reflected the lights too much. He told her they put 5 layers of makeup on his head to prevent that and it still happened, so she said, "why don't you put hair up there?"

He then said at first he thought he would wear it on and off when he pleased, but he realized people tend to first freak out when something is new, then once it's old news, no one cares. So he wears the piece all the time now so people can get past the first reaction then no one will care. He also said that the hair system looks so good, that most people assume he got a transplant.

Anyway, he was very positive about hair wearing and people like him are going to help break the stigma of wearing. He looked great, no one cared once they realized how confident he was wearing. Thought that was an interesting quesion and answer, so thought I'd share with you guys.

Attached Files Image(s)

03-01-2012, 06:56 AM,
RE: Celebrity Hair Piece
he should have went toplace
03-01-2012, 10:52 AM,
(03-01-2012, 06:56 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: he should have went toplace

He can afford Farrell, which is were he went. If I had his money, I wouldn't do it myself.
03-02-2012, 06:53 AM,
I don't know why, but for some reason I think it makes him look skinnier....
03-03-2012, 04:25 AM,
(03-02-2012, 06:53 AM)Hair Scare Wrote: I don't know why, but for some reason I think it makes him look skinnier....

It does, and hair has the same effect on me.
03-03-2012, 04:56 AM,
RE: Celebrity Hair Piece (photo)
I like the way he looks with the hair system. He didn't go 'overboard' and kept it age appropriate. He's right about 'breaking the stigma of wearing hair'---once you wear for awhile and people see you it's old news.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
03-03-2012, 10:21 AM,
(03-02-2012, 06:53 AM)Hair Scare Wrote: I don't know why, but for some reason I think it makes him look skinnier....

I was thinking the same thing, but if you look at his jawline it looks like he might actually be a little thinner in the second pic.

Who knows, but he definitely looks better with hair!
03-03-2012, 10:25 PM,
totally transformed, turns back the years big style,
i dont know this actor,so iv no pre conceived ideas ,ect
"job done"
03-04-2012, 06:52 AM,
It's funny because on Seinfeld a lot of his characters humour came from his neurosis which stemmed partly from being bald. In fact there's an episode where he goes to a hair club and gets an '80's style' toupee. His confidence goes up until it gets taken off his head and thrown out a window. It's good to see a well known bald man opting for a piece, takes away some of the stigma in a way.

Also in Seinfeld have a look at what Jeremy Piven used to look like!

Attached Files Image(s)

03-04-2012, 09:05 AM,
Ya I really like seeing people with a ton of confidence just show the world that it really isn't a big deal. In fact, the only reason someone asked him about it is because he mentioned during his lecture anyway. And when he went into detail about it and said it makes him look good and people will get over it, the whole audience clapped and cheered. I don't think there was a single person listening that judged him for wearing hair even in the slightest. Awesome.