Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Got my hair system today - questions
03-17-2012, 01:12 AM,
Got my hair system today - questions
hi,

i got my hair system today. i think the color is not 100% right and its too dense.

is it possible to cut it thinner?

i have to color my own hair, right? how do i do it...go into a mall and buy some hair colors and look at home which one matches best?

greetings,

andy
03-17-2012, 01:38 AM,
RE: Got my hair system today - questions
Can you be more specific on the colour issue ? Is it darker than the growing hair ? [ it will lighten up a bit after washing and oxidation] Thinning is possible ...best way is by using a hair-removal cream..go easy with it initially...not all the hair sheds out immediately after application... do it over a number of days, because once it`s gone you can`t put it back !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPULkcyVD2Y
I wouldn`t waste money buying multi-packs of colouring products..you could simply pop into a `Normal` high-street [ladies] hair salon just tell them you`d like to deepen your hair a shade or two and ask them to recommend a particular over-the-counter product... Lòreal and Wella do them ... they could tell from looking at your hair,what shade to buy--- try a 10-minute application, before rinsing out [despite what it says on the box] ...have a look when it`s dry....repeat if necessary, until you achieve the desired depth of colour.
03-17-2012, 03:22 AM,
Andy,
Sometimes I get comments from customers saying that the hair color does not match perfectly and it's usually too dark. Why? Because the hair sample that the customer provides is usually taken from the back of the head where the hair color is the darkest. Human hair is always lightest in color in the front and then it gradually gets darker towards the back of the head. The factory is aware of this and all units have a very slight color graduation toward the darker color in the back. But the color graduation can vary slightly from person to person. In a perfect world customers would be able to provide samples from the front and top of their heads but as we 'follicle challenged' people know all to well it's just not possible. Paul is right about the washing and oxidation. We're getting very near to offering products on the toplace.com website. We will have tapes, glues, accessories and other items to help you in your hair care routine. One of the items we'll carry is 'Back 2 Natural.' It's a hair color blender that's specifically made to blend the hair color of a hair system with the color of your own hair. It's a liquid that you put on a comb and color the hair where your own hair mixes with the hair system. It's a must have product to deal with the constant process of oxidation. More on that later.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com
03-17-2012, 04:16 AM,
The hair always looks the wrong colour and that there is way too much of it, straight out of the box.
I'm always amazed that by rinsing & brushing it through, playing about with it and ultimately attaching it, that it infact matches & blends with my own hair very well.
Its hard to truly judge the colour until its cut-in.
Likewise density.
Once a few inches have been chopped off it stops looking like such a mass of hair.

It happens every time.
I recommend you work with it and judge when its cut & attached.
Also, applying a bit of grooming product to the back & sides of your natural hair will darken it a shade or two with no need to dye it.
03-17-2012, 06:04 AM,
Yeah I was going to say that as well.. Sometimes the hair looks too dark when you first get it, but after a few wearings it lightens up a little bit and after you cut it. I recommend cutting it washing it etc than trying it. If it is still a little too dark, but not much.. you could rub some wax works, very little on your hands and put it through your side and back hair, and just whatever residue is on your hands put it on ur hair system hair. U dont' want to put too much on the hair system hair, but more on ur own hair. This will usually make your own hair seem a tad darker and blend more evenly.. If the color happens to be way off however. than thats a different story.
And keep in mind too,, the piece will lighten the more you wear it.
03-17-2012, 07:29 AM,
Hersute and Xeon are right of course.... I should have `qualified`my original post by saying that all new systems have `bounce`in them and can look quite dense initially..it settles down after the cut-in and a wash or two..... it may indeed be that the density is very high [ I had to thin out a Fullcap quite a bit, before, when it arrived..it was even physically heavy due to the high density] Without being able to see it, it`s hard to say what you`ll ultimately do, but do what the guys say above, and have it styled-in , use a little product on your own hair and see what it looks like then. If you need to thin it, you`ll be able to decide after a very short time, and you can proceed as in the Youtube clip. Hope you`ll be pleased anyway..let us know how you get on....