Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Cap vs Topper. Newbie has decided to try this out
08-19-2009, 02:30 PM,
Full Cap vs Topper. Newbie has decided to try this out
I have been reading a lot about hair pieces as my hair loss has been slowly progressing. I was hoping to get the same hairstyle as JRob. I still have strong side and back hair but I was wondering if a fullcap might be better. I have no idea how I will blend the hair after it grows each week. I thought I could avoid constant hair cuts with a fullcap. Is this possible? Are fullcaps as undetectable? Will people notice my hair never grows? Or should i just get a topper and learn how to blend?

Thanks in advance,

Frank
08-19-2009, 03:31 PM,
Re: Full Cap vs Topper. Newbie has decided to try this out
If you still have good hair on the sides and back, go with a topper.

Your hair doesn't grow that fast. Even if you get frequent haircuts, that's still 4 weeks. Most guys go up to 8 weeks.

I have guys that come into my barber shop that wear hairpieces. They just come in and get their side and back hair cut and hit the road. Not too big of a deal. Most barbers are used to that.
08-19-2009, 05:59 PM,
Trust me, you don't want to go full cap for many reasons.

Your growing side and back hair will create a mess with glue or tape.
08-20-2009, 12:48 AM,
ftank2004 Wrote:I still have strong side and back hair but I was wondering if a fullcap might be better.
No. Not at all.

ftank2004 Wrote:Or should i just get a topper and learn how to blend?
There really isn't really much to "learn". As long as your design, style, and density of the pice are right then a good stylist will cut it in so that all you really have to do is worry about getting it positioned on your head in the right spot and it will blend fine. Get your real hair cut every few weeks or so (depending on how long / short you're going) to maintain and that's it.
08-20-2009, 12:23 PM,
Okay I will try a topper. I am hoping to get my hair to look like JRobs and I did not know if it would be hard to maintain with a topper. Thanks for the imput.
08-24-2009, 02:18 PM,
I attached a photo of the hairstyle I want to have. Is this too short?? Would a topper still be better for that hairstyle. I am curious about the idea of shaving my head and wearing a full cap but I was advised not to do this. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Attached Files Image(s)

08-24-2009, 07:19 PM,
I don't have hair loss but hate my overly thick, curly hair - so I keep it clean-shaved.

I'm interested in learning more about PSB full-caps so I can just thrown on a wig, have whatever hair I want and take it off whenever.
08-25-2009, 04:10 PM,
By all means, if you have strong side and back hair, give a topper a shot.

But remember this- despite the obvious stigma that still hangs over full caps, they are a VERY viable option. DO NOT HESITATE to switch over if you find that a topper is too much maintenance. It was the best thing I ever did wearing hair. Dino, Traco, and others will agree.
08-26-2009, 05:27 AM,
I was wondering if it was possible to purchase a fullcap then send it to Debbie for her to cut it in and then just shave my head and put it on when it gets back? Have I made it too simple? I don't really want to go to anyone to have it cut if possible. I would rather keep it to myself as much as possible. The hair I want is really similiar to what you have JRob. I would seem like blending it would be very hard. Thank you for your feedback JRob.