Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi ! new here, noobish questions !
02-24-2012, 06:45 AM,
Hi ! new here, noobish questions !
Hi,

I joined the forum recently, I am very interested in the content. I am 32 years old, I began to lose my hair at 23 and decided to cut them at 29.

I recently sent my template to Toplace, I just can't wait to receive an answer from them. I don't live in the US so I hope it won't be too long for me...

Here are a few photos : the situation now Sad

Now I got a few noobish questions :
- my hair is dark red. do you think that I can find an appropriate color among those proposed by toplace ?
- is it necessary to use tape to attach the hait system ? can't I just use glue only ?

Thanks in advance for you answers Smile
02-24-2012, 08:47 AM,
RE: Hi ! new here, noobish questions !
I think having read hair is an advantage since hair piece hair tends to turn red anyway lol. Just sending in a hair sample will be fine, they will match it no problem

as far as attaching.. You can use tape, glue, whatever you want. Well let me correct that, what kind of base did you get? I am guessing you probably got lace. You will have to experiment a little and find what adhesives work best for you personally.. Some prefer tape others prefer glue or a combo of both. Hell i don't even use either half the times I use a product called got2b glued. lol.
02-24-2012, 10:31 AM,
Hi Total.... I assume the last 2 pics are of you when you had hair before you shaved it off? You`ll have to leave it grow back again if you haven`t already done so, in order to see where it`s still strong , and which area needs coverage. Also, to provide a hair-sample for colour-matching purposes if you are ordering a custom-made system. Any colour of hair can be matched...... as to how you bond it to your head, the choice is yours...... tape only, glue only or a mixture/combination....... glue is probably a bit easier at the front because of the curved shape.... but you can get `contour` shapes made of tape which are boomerang-shaped .... they can be a bit `fiddly` to work with ...well , I have found them to be so and I`m not the most patient with things like that.
02-24-2012, 09:38 PM,
Hi again,

Thank you for your answers. I let my hair regrow and made a template that I sent to Toplace.

How long does it take between the reception of the template by template and the creation of the piece ? About 4 weeks ? more ?

Thanks
02-24-2012, 11:04 PM,
Usually about 6 weeks. Scroll to question 5 there on the FAQ`s http://www.toplace.com/hairloss-info-tips.html#qa