Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ive shaved my head!
08-19-2009, 08:26 PM,
Ive shaved my head!
Hi all, I have been posting on here for nearly a year now and learnt a hell of a lot about hairwearing, so many thanks to all and BA and Debbie, I have also been wearing two small pieces in my hairline to hide my reccession. However my hairloss has got worse and now my natural hair is so thin that is dosnt hide the join between the systems and my own hair very well any more. So last night after I cought a glimpse of the st30 tape under the systems in the mirror through my own thin hair, I removed the two systems got an electric shaver out and shaved my head! Confusedhock:

To my dismay I also suffer with scalp psoriasis which is a lot worse than I thought and very visible, ive been forced to take a few days off work and Im off to see a doc today to get something for the scalp P. All in all it has been a very interesting journey up to this point but I have to honest and say that after seeing dale's full cap I have asked BA to send me one because if I am to continue with hair wearing I feel this is the easiest option eg, no blending, color issues etc but I suppose I will have to wait and see. Anyway all in all a CRAP day! :cry:
08-20-2009, 04:03 AM,
Re: Ive shaved my head!
your hair looked fine in may Confusedhock:
08-20-2009, 08:20 AM,
jake1980 Wrote:your hair looked fine in may Confusedhock:

Thats what I told him.
08-20-2009, 08:56 AM,
Mate,I can relate. I shaved all my hair off a few years ago...down to the bone, and then I noticed I had some bumps on my scalp. Its like one bad thing after another! But seriously give the full cap a go, for like a year...go through all the situations of life before you make the decision to keep wearing or not.
08-20-2009, 09:55 AM,
I find it kind of funny that color blending issues and having to resize your piece causes people to automatically throw in the towel and say that a full cap is their only option.

Seriously, recoloring your piece or resizing your topper is going to be alot easier than a full cap. Some people have luck with full caps, but they aren't as easy as they seem.

I'd rather color my topper and side hair to match than deal with a full cap. But to each their own.
08-20-2009, 02:04 PM,
James, some people have sides/back that are so thin and temples that have receded so much that a full cap is really the only viable option - or not to wear at all.

I'm contemplating doing a 3/4 cap for that reason, but I'm afraid it's going to be so hard to get it right consistently. That I'll always have these edges and bubbles etc.

Temples to me seem to be a big issue. Why don't more people make their own temples so they can have a fuller more natural head of hair? Is it a real pain to attach temples?
08-20-2009, 02:46 PM,
NotGuilty Wrote:James, some people have sides/back that are so thin and temples that have receded so much that a full cap is really the only viable option - or not to wear at all.

I'm contemplating doing a 3/4 cap for that reason, but I'm afraid it's going to be so hard to get it right consistently. That I'll always have these edges and bubbles etc.

Temples to me seem to be a big issue. Why don't more people make their own temples so they can have a fuller more natural head of hair? Is it a real pain to attach temples?

You can have temple area coverage with a normal size piece like this one here :

Attached Files Image(s)

08-20-2009, 07:57 PM,
Mate i think alot of us have been there with the fuck this i'm shaving it off so dont feel too bad lol. Atleast you didnt have to do it while you were in secondary school lol. Let us know how your fullcap experience gets on mate i'm considering it myself in the distant future as i have to spend a year in spain eventually for uni and hairdresser and blending issues in another country sounds like a pain.
08-21-2009, 12:51 AM,
I'd agree with what James said "
Seriously, recoloring your piece or resizing your topper is going to be alot easier than a full cap. "

My recession has gotten worse, and sides thinned, but I just kept adjusting my topper and making it work better. Recently I've even added small flaps at the front and have gotten great results. The piece now covers most of my head and is almost like a full cap, but it's still a topper and is very easy to work with.

I will post template photos soon!
08-21-2009, 09:44 AM,
Off topic, but Danger what are you doing at uni?