Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stylist in Los Angeles or surrounding area
02-23-2012, 07:50 AM,
RE: Stylist in Los Angeles or surrounding area and advice needed.
Paul, I have to tell you how thankful i am for your advice, you go above and beyond with your answers. I can't speak for anyone but i've been reading this forum for quite sometime. You are simply the most resourceful, patience in giving answers and advises to people whom in need. Again..thank you.

In regards to my hair-wearing, actually i have been wearing a hairpiece now for less than two weeks. I was scared of going to DIY route therefore I've opted for a salon. This salon has not contract obligation and they only have the thin-skin material. So far, I am not happy with my thin skin as (1) the hair is very thick (stock unit) (2) i am unable to style my hair the way i want it (3) it makes that plastic-ky noise when i touch especially around the edge (4) I have to hide the hairline as i can see the edges of the skin and how the hairline is slightly unnatural looking. In terms of feeling warm/hot, i went to the gym - it doesn't bother me as much but i know for sure it will get hot during the summer. I am scheduled to get it remove every 14 days to 18 days. One of my coworkers told me that my hair at the top is a little too thick, i told the salon to reduce the density by cutting it more but for some reason it is still looks too thick. Long story short, I've been researching and wanting to wear a lace as it gives the best option to style your hair with an undetectable hairline and breathe-ability therefore i bought my first stock unit SFS lace system from John last week and i hope the system looks great. I am scheduled to bring to another salon next week for cut-in and giving my thin-skin a break first and i will decided which one is better in terms of the hairpiece. I want to go do-it-your-own route as i am a control freak. I bought every single items/products from Debbie and HD and another website for ORWG. I bought everything from Stick it tape to blue tape to Walker no shine to ghost bond glue, ORWG, ultra hold for touch up, knot sealer and even the Styrofoam to dry the piece and many other things. the only thing missing is Glue-melter and a mirror for the slide. I am hoping that the SFS lace will give me a better result and breatheability as i am a very active person, i go to the gym 4 times a week. Hygiene is very important to me.

My question is with a proper cleaning of the scalp and reasonable time to let the glue dry and other things constant, How long do you think will a glue bonding at the front and tape at the back will hold given that i am a very active person? PS: I don't do running, i only do weight lifting - i don't sweat as much. What is the best option? Glue or tape? Thanks
(02-22-2012, 07:54 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi journey..... depending on how long you`d be away from home for, will `dictate` your routine..if it`s only for a weekend, you won`t need to be de-bonding while you`re away... just have a few care -products with you and maybe a little `` travel-pack`` in the form of a small supply of glue /tape and a little alcohol in case you might need to do a small touch-up. If I was going away for a prolonged time, I`d put a spare system in my bag, so if you need to do a de/re you can just simply pop on the clean one, and clean the `old`one later that night when you`re less pushed for time. Lace has to be clean [ residue/oil -free] and fully dry for re-bonding.Hot air as in hairdryers, is not recommended for system hair..... you can aim warm air at the underside of the base safely enough, but try to avoid the hair. I`d be cautious of bleaching knots--they`re normally bleached at the front and crown at the factory..... hair is often coloured using fabric dyes, so in order to get `at`the knots you`d have to use a fabric-dye remover first and see how they look...... it`s not something I`ve ever had to do, but have read other wearers experiences of it...bleaching weakens the hair and usually results in early shedding, so best to avoid if at all possible. I think one major mistake new wearers make is they treat the system as they would their growing hair and shampoo it to kingdom come after trowelling-on all kinds of sticky gunge ...... your main `worry`from day one, will be combating dryness / brittleness....... a good leave-in conditioner and daily spritz with water, infrequent shampooings and maybe a little pomade such as Brylcreem now and then are all I do.....each to their own....many `products` have mixtures of certain alcohols.....not all alcohols are bad for system hair but the `bad`ones are denatured....if you see ``Alcohol denat`` on the ingredients list, avoid it...... these are very drying. I just use a good leave in conditioner, and seldom shampoo the hair...if I need to clean the base [as in if I`d been sweating] I just remove the system, run some cool water and some shampoo into a basin, hold the hair in a bunch and dip the base into the water.....I agitate the water /shampoo onto the base and simply rinse out by holding the system under running water.....that`s what work for me anyway. Hope you appointment with the stylist works out fine for you. Cheers now.

Great advice for the cleaning the base only without the cleaning the hair. I will take a note on that!

By the way, i have been using this Serum for my hair. it's called L'oreal everstyle smooth and Shine Serum, alcohol free and it's only $6+. It helps with the drying and i only use it at the tip of the hair to make it shine and smooth. I used it every day and it works great.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stylist in Los Angeles or surrounding area and advice needed. - journeyofman - 02-23-2012, 07:50 AM