Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First order has arrived...
02-17-2012, 03:31 PM,
First order has arrived...
I'm staring at it. It's staring at me. The pocket watch music from Fistful of Dollars is playing in my head!

I'd like to thank Toplace for the expeditious and couteous service. I had a bad experience with another well documented vendor so this was was my second attempt at my first order. Couldn't have gone smoother.

I'm nervous, excited and apprehensive. I've opted to try a stock in both SFS and the TL-700. They both look amazing although I'll probably try the lace first. Does the skin get cut down in the same manner as the lace?

I popped it on my noggin and it looks like it's going to be great once it's cut down. It's current volume made me look like a cross between Bruno Mars and Liberace Smile

The color blend goes right into my own. Might need a 5% grey next time though (damn it). It feels quality.

Just wanted to share my experience so far. I'm a little anxious about getting it cut in (where!!), but when I do I'll post a before and after pic.
02-18-2012, 02:39 AM,
RE: First order has arrived...
Hi Flynn,
You're experiencing 'newbie jitters'--it's normal. Your life is gonna change for the better. Once you get your units styled you'll see how natural you look---you'll be 'complete.' That extra material on the front of the skin unit can be trimmed off with a scissors. All custom units, lace or skin, come with the extra material and the customer can trim them off to his liking. Some people like to cut up right to the hair and some people like to leave a little extra--it's a personal choice. I hope your cutin goes well and we look forward to seeing your pictures.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
02-18-2012, 07:25 AM,
Post your approximate location and maybe someone can give you details of a stylist you can use near you. The cut -in is important, though not exactly rocket -science......spritz your systems with water over the next week or so and give them a gentle brush-through with a brush which has rounded -tips on the spines so as to avoid snagging the lace. I always give new lace systems a gentle shampooing to remove factory-residue...makes for a better bond [less chance of it lifting shortly after it`s attached] Hope you find a good stylist anyway.
02-18-2012, 09:53 PM,
Flynn423

it really does complete youre life, well at least regards youre hair,its just fantastic, amazing,
iv been wearing for 16months,
iv stated before it takes a brave person to do this,but hell is youre bravery rewarded meggatime, getting ready to go out,looking youre best,hell we all want that,

youll be up and running in no time,bonding debonding yourself,
feels i suppose a tadd strange this new feeling of fullness on youre head,the lace poly, but you soon forget that,and it becomes part of you,
compared to the struggles i faced when my hair kept on receding,trying to cover it with concealer, spending hours for a result i cried about,
wearing has ended all of that,
and now i know when i do a full de bond what i get at the end of it is Absolute happiness.no comprimises on my styling options
problemo soughted.
anty Smile
02-19-2012, 05:52 AM,
Cheers guys. I'm in Schenectady NY if anyone knows of a place. Think I'll have a go at attaching today, just to trim down an inch or so. Might keep it on 'uncut'

I'm still intimidated, but after playing with it I reckon I can pull this off. I was more startled that it took 10 years off me immediately. I'd always thought I'd retained a very young looking face, but now realize that's really only in comparison to my hair! lol

I'm 37 look 45+, I reckon I'll at least get my early 30's back!! Smile

Simply amazing. Wish I'd done this years a go!!
02-19-2012, 09:21 AM,
Yeah..it`s amazing how dramatic the difference is when you have hair on your head again. John posted this/these details last June regarding Didi who is a stylist in New York..... I know there is a difference between the city and state [ I`m obviously not familiar with where your area is exactly] but even if her salon is a bit of a journey, she`s a good stylist and plenty guys have had their cut-in`s done by her...she may even be able to recommend one nearer to you if she herself is a bit of a `trek` from you.....

DIDI NIKOLOVA
she's at James Bentley Salon, 533 West 57th street in between 10th and 11th avenue, on the 7th floor. You can walk it from GCT, but itll prob be around 20-30 min, you can hop into a cab for about $10 including tip, or take the train; Walk 0.49 miles (10 minutes) Northwest from GCT to 42ND ST -
BRYANT PARK STATION B line D line F line V line; [email protected] , OR MY CELL. 646-­932-­1108 Former Richard Farrell hair sytlist

Send physical orders to Didi at:

JAMES BENTLEY SALON
ATTN: DIDI
521 W. 57TH. ST.
NEW YORK CITY NY 10019

http://www.hairnaturallyperfect.com/ 1936 HARMAN ST. RIDGEWOOD NY 11385
02-19-2012, 02:07 PM,
Flynn is about 3 hour drive from here. I'm not sure about Didi knowing someone near him, can give her a call and see, couldn't hurt. If you can't find someone near you I guess the only suggestion I can make is take a ride down one day. She does my hair and she is absolutely amazing at this. Makes your hair look so real and undetectable, worth the drive if you have to. I wouldn't recommend keeping it uncut as you will be amazed at how different it is going to look after you have it cut in. I know some guys use a flowbee or equivalent however, if this is your first piece I would recommend getting it professionally done, at least the first time. Good luck with it!
02-19-2012, 02:27 PM,
Thanks.
Unfortunately I'm in banjo territory. NYC is a way-a-way. Albany, the state capitol is quite close by, but being typically American the politicians fly in by expensive helicopters to write laws about saving money...

Schenectady is an ex-city that should be down graded to a town, but political corruption will make sure it retains that status for money and fill it with any one they can in order to do so.
02-19-2012, 04:54 PM,
Totally forgot about Albany. There must be a stylist there that could help you out. There has to be some congressman that wears and gets their systems done there. You know they must look their best when they spend our money! Anyway if you haven't done so already, try a search on here for Albany stylist, or you can email John and see if he has anyone on file.
02-20-2012, 12:37 PM,
Hi Flynn,
Maybe this is closer for you:

LARRY's STUDIO
1030 CURY ROAD
SCHENACTADY NY 12306

LARRY WORK: 518-356-4100

Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/