Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
when do you need temple flaps
02-17-2012, 07:32 AM,
when do you need temple flaps
Does anyone have a diagram to illustrate at what point it's necessary to get temple flaps, to avoid the wiggy look?
02-17-2012, 08:10 AM,
RE: when do you need temple flaps
I wear temple flaps, its hard to make a diagram of it. It all has to do with shape. If you have a wide forehead with recessed temples and want a low hairline with little or no recession, than it looks unnatural because you have a low forehead yet a wide one at the same time with receding temples. But if you make a hairline that isn't as low with the right density and recession than it can fit recessed temples. So it depends on different things. You just have to use your eyes and common sense is all. Look at peoples hairlines and temple points, just look at pics of people to get an idea.. than try to figure out the look you want and how u could go about getting it with or without temple flaps. I don't think there is a magical diagram, but a good example would be to show pictures of your head,, and perhaps a style or picture of what you are looking to achieve.. That would be your best bet to get advice.
02-17-2012, 09:53 AM,
I think I see what you're saying. Shouldn't they technically be called temple point flaps, rather than temple flaps? They aren't flaps that cover the temples because the front of the topper already does that... what they really cover is the temple points, the triangles just above the ear?

I'm just trying to find some either good or bad examples of this. I think I recall people saying on another forum that this guy's forehead appeared unrealistically wide and needed temple flaps... what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK26Vq87Mtc
02-17-2012, 12:47 PM,
I don't know man, I mean u cover what needs to be covered.. on some pieces with temple flaps your creating a new temple area because your own temple area would be too far up. so you are recreating it. In the video example.. if iw as him id take an eyebrow pencil or light dermmatch and fill in the area slightly with a small triangle shape at the temple point area.

I went about it very simply.. I look at real heads of hair, and got an idea of what i wanted to look like and filled in the areas i want hair. you can make the flaps any size.. u can extend them down to cover all the way down to the side burns or small triangles to fill in some temple area above the triangle part that juts out towards your eyebrows..

Theres real no solid definition or shape to them. It really depends on your baldness and what you are trying to achieve. Best bet is to post a pic of yourself or someone who has the same type of bald pattern as you and a picture of what you want to look like.. Than people could give you suggestions on the shape of the flaps or just some suggestions of the angles.. Some don't even use temple flaps but have longer hair brushed down to cover that whole area.. like makell's style or a better example. the guy whos pic is posted up top on the toplace homepage.