Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does my piece get so oily?
02-17-2012, 07:19 AM,
RE: Why does my piece get so oily?
(02-16-2012, 03:49 PM)Mender Wrote: Jrob: I've been using that Loreal sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. I don't use any products in it aside from that conditioner after I shampoo once a week. Should I still use a regular color safe shampoo? The few times I have when I run out my hair just feels so blah and dry. Maybe that's when I should use styling products?

When you have buildup you have to use something stronger. This is the one time where you might have to forget about "color safe" and "sulfate free".

You can try using a normal shampoo but depending upon what kind of buildup is in the hair you might need something stronger. A clarifying shampoo would work but to be honest I just use Dawn dishwashing liquid. Yes, it is "harsh" by hair replacement standards but sometimes you have to bite the bullet if there is something weighing the hair down. And using it once in awhile isn't going to do any appreciable damage to the hair. Just keep it to a minimum and make sure you to use the mild, gentle stuff for normal maintenance.
02-18-2012, 12:49 PM,
Antywanty- I will definitely be trying orwg! Do you get that kind of hold all around? Do you use tape on the sides?

Jrob- dish washing liquid, like work it through the hair?
02-18-2012, 09:40 PM,
100% orwg, is all iv ever used.
hold is fantastic,offcourse this all comes about with experiance,
what i mean by that is, megga dry both surfaces,prior to application onto scalp,
time it,i usually wait 14 mins, and i mark the start and end time each time on a peice of paper,
no guess work,you can speed up the drying time with a few warm hot shots from a hairdryer.
mine comes in a bottle with a brush, i use the brush to get the glue onto my scalp and then
smear around with my finger.
follow thease tipps and you to could* have a megga hold like me.

*depends on skin type,application, activity ect, blahh
i sound like an advert
regards anty Smile
02-19-2012, 08:11 AM,
(02-18-2012, 12:49 PM)Mender Wrote: Jrob- dish washing liquid, like work it through the hair?

Yep, just like you would use a shampoo.
02-21-2012, 04:47 AM,
Antywanty: are you saying that you apply the glue then wait 14 minutes for it to dry? If there is more than one coat, do you wait 14 minutes as well for that one? And also, are you using scalp protector, cuz I can't use it as mentioned before :/

Jrob: wow, I guess I'll try that! Thanks! Smile
02-21-2012, 05:41 AM,
one coat of orwg,thats it, no scalp protector,in my case
02-21-2012, 05:41 AM,
one coat of orwg,thats it, no scalp protector,in my case