Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The guy(s) who do fade haircuts
02-15-2012, 06:15 PM,
RE: The guy(s) who do fade haircuts
(02-15-2012, 05:37 PM)Xeon005 Wrote: The pictures come out weird with the lighting ,, it makes things look thinner than they do in person and not as well blended.. That is why I hate taking pictures.. Its not perfect, but it looks better in person than the pictures.. I keep trying to tweak it to get it right.. Im satisfied with it, but I know i can even do a better job. I like to try / attempt to do a fade kind of style because it really isn't associated with hair systems.. that whole type of buzz cutting really never correlates with wigs. The way i have my hair in the pictures is choppy with different layers and textures, so when the light reflects off of it it could look kind of an uneven mess..

And also take into consideration I am wearing temple flaps here. I thinned out and tweaked the flaps to try and blend into very short sides. a little above my side burns the temple flaps start

Yeah I hear you Jrob. the shortest I cut my hair at the lowest is a number 1 guard. But i am finding it too short cause my hair isn't thick enough there. so now I use a number 2.. and the very bottom i might dab a little with the guard on 1.5 basically the 1 guard but in the open position.

Looks Good X !
Photo's don't do justice . I can tell , in person , would be very natural looking ! Good Job !

johnny/abq
02-15-2012, 07:17 PM,
Looks superb, i have temple flaps . Would love to get it as good as yours..About the flaps do you ask for them to be ventilated in a certain way?
What make of clippers do you use?
02-15-2012, 11:09 PM,
Digital cameras always exaggerate the slightest thing .... gives a much starker look than what it actually looks like, especially in terms of hair....it seems to see `through`some of the hair and gives a thinner look. I think you`ve done a nice job there and I`m sure a casual observer wouldn`t look twice.... admire the `nerve`you have to do it on your own. Enjoy.
02-16-2012, 07:12 AM,
Thanks,, yeah man your right.. If u have a thin spot ,.. it makes it look ultra thin, if u have textures added it looks uneven.. its weird lol

For me, I always find that its better when I keep the temple flap / temple areas lower density. A lot of times I need to pluck hairs out and really thin it out. This wasn't the case with my toplace piece which was impressive, but many other factories or orders i had previously they seem to love to add friggin density where u want it the least.. THe direction of the hair for me usually works better when the hairs are ventilated backwards and downwards.. sort of diagonally.. But that depends also on where ur flaps are and how far they are extending down.. if they are small flaps than going downwards shouldn't be an issue.. I just try to mimic what the hair in that area would do if it was my own natural hair. I am not afraid to really cut the shit out of them make them sparse and very short either. I have temple flaps that got hair on it thats really short.. I usually hit them with thinning sheers too i just keep tweaking them till im happy with it.
02-16-2012, 07:51 AM,
Nothing wrong with your cut though. Definitely not something that would ever be associated with hairpieces.

Although it isn't by any means critical to choose a style that throws off suspicion it is yet another way to, well, throw off suspicion. Someone who sees hair faded in that manner just isn't going to make the connection that the hair on top might be fake even if the color or blend is a little off.

That's why I recommend people do consider certain cuts/styles, adding highlights and using styling products to polish off the overall illusion. You can certainly get away with wearing without these things but it really helps sell the package. Even facial hair helps. Lots of little things you can do to really knock it out of the park.
02-16-2012, 10:53 AM,
Yeah well said Jrob, I totally agree. For example your mohawk.. I mean.. Seriously.. Unless u had four inches of lace hanging off ur head even than! lol. who would say oh i think that guy wears a hair piece. Or that style Jake had with the practically bald sides shaved.. I don't think anyone on this planet is going to think hairpiece looking at those type of styles.
02-16-2012, 02:49 PM,
Xeon did u do that all alone. How do u keep the clipper square when going up the back.
02-16-2012, 03:37 PM,
Yeah I do everything myself.. I hold a mirror in one hand and a buzzer in the other while standing in front of the bathroom mirror. Guess it just takes a little practice. Not that I am an expert.. but what people have to realize.. I am battling a lot of things at once.. thin sides.. bad recession not much of my own hair to work with.. temple flaps.. Im basically a norwood 7 or whatever the highest level is, and im trying to pull off a style and look/shape of someone young.. If i had good sides and back .. damn i probably could do whatever I wanted..

I am no expert but for my personal hairloss circumstances.. I feel I do well.. Guys like BA etc with very sparse side hair and wide foreheads usually go for some like typical curtains hair style.
02-16-2012, 08:46 PM,
This is a set-up I find very handy.... a telescopic mirror fixed to the wall alongside a large wall-mirror--simply extend it out from the wall and adjust the mirror to a suitable angle..... you can easily work on the back part of the head [system] using both hands ...it`s SO easy to hold up a section of hair with a comb and use an appliance to trim it or whatever....I wouldn`t be able to `work`properly whilst holding a mirror in one hand, so I`m even more impressed at Xeon for achieving the cut he did.
p.s. -- I had actually cleaned the small mirror with glass-cleaner before taking the pic....you can clearly see the finger-marks on it still...just goes to show two things: How `stubborn` oils on your fingers can be and can easily affect your bond if you don`t have clean hands when handling your lace, and secondly, how the digital camera `picks up`every thing, even though the human eye may register it differently or not at all.

Attached Files Image(s)

02-17-2012, 06:39 AM,
Yeah paul that is a nice setup. If I had a set up like that, I would be able to do something like the clipper over comb technique.. that is the barbers way to get good fades. I need to look into this. I hold the buzzer and comb in the same hand. the mirror in the other. lol. Plus the mirror i use is tiny and its hard to see sometimes I can't even see what im doing i just go by feeling.