Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The guy(s) who do fade haircuts
02-13-2012, 11:40 AM,
The guy(s) who do fade haircuts
There was a guy on here who posted pics of his haircut. but i can't find the post. If you see this feel free to respond. Or anyone else who cuts their own hair. I really want to perfect a fade.. meaning that I want to cut the bottom of my own hair,, bottom of the neck etc.. on a number 2 guard. I want to do the number 2 guard from the bottom of the nape up to about 2 or 3 inches. like right up to the middle of the ear roughly. than i want to do a fade where i can blend that no. 2 into something like a number 5, or 6. I don' thave that much room to work with so its hard to keep going from a 2, to a 3, to a 4 to a five etc. I think the way to do this is clippers over comb, but i can't do that myself with one hand holding a mirror. Any advice?

Below is an illustration.. Its not exactly to scale.. but just the general idea of what I am talking about. I believe i Have more room to work with than in this pic, but its not much room.

Attached Files Image(s)

02-14-2012, 09:18 AM,
RE: The guy(s) who do fade haircuts
i like a short back and sides, fades as you call them in the u.s,
iv never been to a hairdresser is eww 17 yrs,
iv allways beleived a fade can do wonders, or even a trim
just be carefull not to go to short, not because of matching, but you may end up with bald patches. rare but worth a mention,
allways use the gaurd on youre clippers, go longer first, as you cant stick it back on,
go long, then try a shorter gaurd,
02-14-2012, 10:02 AM,
In order to pull that off the hairpiece hair has to start up high on the head. If I remember correctly the thinning pattern of guys who were able to pull off the fade cuts was limited to the top of their heads. You could possibly do a modified version, but the really impressive fades I have seen require a certain type of balding pattern.
02-14-2012, 12:46 PM,
Pretty sure it's this link you're after ──► http://www.forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=4902 Simply went back a few pages on the forum. Regards
02-15-2012, 02:36 AM,
Nice post Xeon. Id love to know how to do this style also. Even a 1" clipper all over but I'm too scared to try that invade I screw something big up. Any one know any YouTube links that show how to do it.
02-15-2012, 06:42 AM,
I can do it reasonably well. I just gave myself a haircut and believe i pulled it off, But when i take a picture with a flash it doesn't look as good so im reluctant to take pictures.. In person it looks a lot better. for some reason my hair sucks with cameras. the flash like does something.

You don't need to have a certain balding pattern to do a low fade.. a lot of people do the fade high well above their ears, but there are variations on the fade.. You could do a fade at the very very back of ur nape that goes up an inch or two.. Most people get this style .. or the guido douche style known as the blowout. A low face can happy slightly above the ears and go down. The hair system hair can be cut easily at an inch long to 1/2 to blend into a low buzz cut setting. I do it all the time.

I am thinking of a strategy and i believe it will work.. I will cut all my side and back hair on a number 5 guard.. that is long enough to blend into my hair piece.. than i will take a two guard and make a line of where i want the fade.. than i will take a 3 guard.. and go passed where the two guard ends slightly and do a scooping motion to cut into and blend with the number 5..I believe this will work.
02-15-2012, 08:01 AM,
heres some pics of the haircut I did the other day.

Attached Files Image(s)

02-15-2012, 09:47 AM,
Looks good, i wear a fade as well but not as short as yours. Hell, I would pay you to cut my hair like that.
02-15-2012, 10:32 AM,
I'm talking about the fades the guys used to do where the hair is practically stubble until it gets up toward the top. That can't be done by someone who has thinning on the back of their head
02-15-2012, 05:37 PM,
The pictures come out weird with the lighting ,, it makes things look thinner than they do in person and not as well blended.. That is why I hate taking pictures.. Its not perfect, but it looks better in person than the pictures.. I keep trying to tweak it to get it right.. Im satisfied with it, but I know i can even do a better job. I like to try / attempt to do a fade kind of style because it really isn't associated with hair systems.. that whole type of buzz cutting really never correlates with wigs. The way i have my hair in the pictures is choppy with different layers and textures, so when the light reflects off of it it could look kind of an uneven mess..

And also take into consideration I am wearing temple flaps here. I thinned out and tweaked the flaps to try and blend into very short sides. a little above my side burns the temple flaps start

Yeah I hear you Jrob. the shortest I cut my hair at the lowest is a number 1 guard. But i am finding it too short cause my hair isn't thick enough there. so now I use a number 2.. and the very bottom i might dab a little with the guard on 1.5 basically the 1 guard but in the open position.