Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New generation also.alcohol slide with skin?
02-12-2012, 10:07 AM,
New generation also.alcohol slide with skin?
The new generation is .06mm right? I thought the thinnest was .03mm. Either way.. I would imagine ripples must be a real pain in the ass for these thin skins.. Even the skin i got which isn't the thinnest wants to ripple up at the front sometimes.. Sometimes I think i feel like a noob all over again lol. I been having trouble lately getting a smooth attachment. I think i need to try that alcohol slide shit or something.. My only worry is if it messes up the bond, or with skin system.. it doesn't get a chance to evaporate

Anyone use the alcohol slide on skin
02-13-2012, 06:55 AM,
RE: New generation also.alcohol slide with skin?
Hi Xeon.
PSB (TL 400) is .06mm. New Generation (TL 700) is .02 to .03 mm---that's really thin!! This this the thinnest skin available. Using a mist of alcohol on the glue or tape before you apply the skin unit is the best way to go. It will evaporate. After to put the glue or tape on and you spray a mist of alcohol on your scalp the put the base down and gently pull the base outward in all directions to smooth out any ripples. No need to stretch it--just gently pull to make sure that the ripples are smoothed out. The alcohol will evaporate and the unit will stay exactly where you left it.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
02-13-2012, 07:25 AM,
''Our TL 400 PSB is a very thin .08 mm thick---the New Generation is .06 mm'' ◄── This is taken from your TL Base description page (Style options tab), you may want to update it if it's only 0.2-0.3 thick!? Regards
02-13-2012, 08:39 AM,
Thanks for the tip John.. I need to try that.. I never really wanted to use alcohol on skin cause i always figured it wouldn't evaporate .. I guess I will give it a shot. The ripples have alwasy been a pain in the ass for me . Maybe this will help fix that.

Regards

Yeah on the site it says .08 that is why i was wondering. .02 wow.. I hope its very translucent, than i believe it should look better than lace with the proper ventilation. They need to stop worrying about the damn edge.. having a skin that thin the edge shouldn't be a problem at all.. Hell its not even a problem on my skin piece which is probably much thicker.