Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are skin units more expensive?
02-11-2012, 07:06 AM,
Why are skin units more expensive?
I think I asked this question a couple of times in the past. Maybe someone answered, I don't remember.. Im becoming a senile bastard. But I always wondered why skin units are more expensive? I always thought they were ventilated by machines which should actually make the costs cheaper? I can't see why the material would be any more expensive.. The only thing I can think of is the demand is less, so maybe its not produced at as much bulk? I have no idea.
02-11-2012, 08:10 AM,
RE: Why are skin units more expensive?
The TL400 skin base is the same price as the other more expensive lace pieces, while the the 700 is only 34 dollars more. Not sure if there will be a definitive answer as to why the super thin skin is more expensive-it's just life I reckon. Regards
02-11-2012, 08:18 AM,
Well I mean in general.. It appears skin pieces are always higher than lace with every company. I just wonder why that is. Most people buy lace I would assume. Its not much of an incentive for people to start buying skin pieces when they are always higher. I always thought skin pieces should be less expensive to make. especially when they are done by machine.
02-11-2012, 12:50 PM,
That's the way there's priced from the factory. I don't know the 'ins and outs' of it but that's the way they charge.
Regards,
John
02-14-2012, 03:46 AM,
My guess (and it's just a guess) is that it's harder to make the skin units, especially the super thin ones. Lace is just people tying hairs in knots onto the lace but the super thin skin units have to have the hairs inserted with a lot of precision so they don't go through the skin. Even if they are done by machine, maybe there is a lot of setup time to get the machine and skin and hair ready for the process, and maybe they don't work out as often as skin units and starting again with a new set of materials has to be factored into the final price.
02-14-2012, 03:46 AM,
My guess (and it's just a guess) is that it's harder to make the skin units, especially the super thin ones. Lace is just people tying hairs in knots onto the lace but the super thin skin units have to have the hairs inserted with a lot of precision so they don't go through the skin. Even if they are done by machine, maybe there is a lot of setup time to get the machine and skin and hair ready for the process, and maybe they don't work out as often as skin units and starting again with a new set of materials has to be factored into the final price.
02-14-2012, 07:11 AM,
Ehh.. Its possible. I don' tknow .. most skin pieces I have seen look very uniform like a machine just does it. I can't see why injecting or doing anything with skin would be any more challenging. THe machines probably punch the hairs right through very fast.

The only thing I can think of is factories sell cheaper in bulk. I don't think skin is as popular and they probably get only 1/4th the orders or something.