Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Vacuum Pieces"
02-10-2012, 06:47 PM,
"Vacuum Pieces"
So what's up with these so-called "vacuum pieces" that I've heard about. Apparently these are skin-type bases...does this work, just putting it on and it bonds reliably for a certain period of time?

Wouldn't that be nice...not having to screw around with glue or tape...and just rinsing the sucker off to clean it.

Does TL sell this type of unit?
02-11-2012, 05:26 AM,
RE: "Vacuum Pieces"
They are crappy. Forget about trying one.
02-18-2012, 08:18 AM,
Id like to know more about these as well. I want something like that for a full cap. Maybe put some got2be on and be done with it.
02-18-2012, 08:37 AM,
(02-18-2012, 08:18 AM)thatkid Wrote: Id like to know more about these as well. I want something like that for a full cap. Maybe put some got2be on and be done with it.

I have to admit the idea of having an all skin full cap that attaches in seconds really intrigues me. For a guy like me who sweats buckets I just don't see it being practical though. Back when I wore a partial unit I had an all skin unit that wasn't bad but it seems like having my whole head covered with plastic would cause me to seriously overheat!
02-18-2012, 03:07 PM,
TL400 PSB (Poly Skin Base)

A poly-urethane (artificial) skin piece with each hair individually injected into the base. This is another unit that other suppliers dream up fancy names for and charge a mint. This skin is super thin and 'vacuums' to the scalp--minimal adhesion is needed. If you want a system that offers easy clean up, removal and attachment and looks fantastic--this is it!
Price: $295.00 ---------- This is actually the description of this Base under the 'style options' tab above. It mentions the V word, why not buy one & try it Smile Regards
02-19-2012, 04:47 AM,
I thought you were talking about the old solid plastic base units (as in they are made from perspex type material) that supposedly vaccum to your head by creating an air tight seal. The things are solid, not flexible like lace or poly, but like wearing a thin hard-hat on your head. There are videos on youtube of them. Strange invention and yet people actually wore them!
02-19-2012, 04:47 AM,
I thought you were talking about the old solid plastic base units (as in they are made from perspex type material) that supposedly vaccum to your head by creating an air tight seal. The things are solid, not flexible like lace or poly, but like wearing a thin hard-hat on your head. There are videos on youtube of them. Strange invention and yet people actually wore them!
02-19-2012, 10:11 AM,
(02-19-2012, 04:47 AM)Hairenough Wrote: I thought you were talking about the old solid plastic base units (as in they are made from perspex type material) that supposedly vaccum to your head by creating an air tight seal. The things are solid, not flexible like lace or poly, but like wearing a thin hard-hat on your head. There are videos on youtube of them. Strange invention and yet people actually wore them!

LOL, that sounds horrible.

I meant a thin "skin" type unit that I guess is exactly what is described above...I thought I had heard about something like that, but I couldn't remember where. Apparently it was right here.

Years ago I tried a "skin" unit, and it was just ghastly. I imagine it was a lot thicker than what it available now. The thought of being able to get a decent hold with minimal to no tape or glue is very appealing to me. I wear my units 24/7, but being able to perform a quick "re-do" sounds very neat.