Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longer hairstyles
08-22-2009, 05:24 AM,
Re: Longer hairstyles
danger!!89 Wrote:Out of curiosity BA how much does a stock fullcap cost?

Stock $285 plus shipping so to you in The Uk $325.
08-22-2009, 09:28 PM,
hey baldingbozo, would be really interested in your results doing this keep us all updated
08-23-2009, 03:47 AM,
the7thson Wrote:hey baldingbozo, would be really interested in your results doing this keep us all updated

Definitely mate! Though, the more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards a less insane hairstyle. I'm definitely going to go for a mop of sorts, but perhaps not as long as the guy in the pic.

Thanks again Jake and BA - you've been a great help!
08-25-2009, 06:31 PM,
hey BB did you manage to settle on a style and do your template?
08-26-2009, 04:54 AM,
That's going to be SUPER easy with a full cap.

Working out? Better with a full cap, because with a topper your growing hair will soak with sweat but the piece stays dry, creating a visible line. With a longer style full cap the only part that will get soaked with sweat will be where the hair itself touches your skin.
08-26-2009, 08:12 AM,
the7thson Wrote:hey BB did you manage to settle on a style and do your template?

Hi mate. Still haven't been to see Joanna yet - am really busy with uni at the moment but I will definitely pay her a visit sometime in the next couple of weeks. I am fleeing to Oz in October so I want to have everything ready for when I touch down.

Regarding the style, I'd love to go for what that guy has in the pic (I had that a couple of years ago and my mum thought I looked cool! Big Grin) but am worried that the longer it is, the harder it will be to maintain or that it would need replacing more often hence increasing cost. Maybe you guys can shed some light on this? Even if I don't get it as long as that, I'd definitely go for something longish and will be sure to fill you in on all the details.

JRob Wrote:That's going to be SUPER easy with a full cap.

Working out? Better with a full cap, because with a topper your growing hair will soak with sweat but the piece stays dry, creating a visible line. With a longer style full cap the only part that will get soaked with sweat will be where the hair itself touches your skin.

Thanks JRob, that's really encouraging to know. As a full cap veteran, your advice is greatly appreciated! Is there any particular base you would recommend considering I will be a complete novice to all this? I'd like it to be as undetectable as possible, but wouldn't want to change more than twice a week whilst also running everyday. I guess day-to-day touch-ups are probably going to be a necessity regardless of what base I choose...
08-29-2009, 08:29 PM,
hi mate ...l have a longer hairstlye similar to what you want ...l use my own back and sides and just use a hair system on the top ...when you have longer hair it is much easier to get the blend as there is so much more going on in the style .ldont know how to post pics on here ,butwould be happy to send you one ....any other questions ,get back to me ,also l am a hairdresserworking in nw.uk and do an amount of hair replacement regards martin
08-30-2009, 12:48 AM,
martin Wrote:hi mate ...l have a longer hairstlye similar to what you want ...l use my own back and sides and just use a hair system on the top ...when you have longer hair it is much easier to get the blend as there is so much more going on in the style .ldont know how to post pics on here ,butwould be happy to send you one ....any other questions ,get back to me ,also l am a hairdresserworking in nw.uk and do an amount of hair replacement regards martin

Thanks martin, I really appreciate your advice. Do you have an email address I can write you on? I'd love to see some pictures.

Also, I read somewhere that you're based in the north-west; where abouts exactly? Are you planning on coming to London anytime soon? You come very highly recommended so it'd be great for me to have a chat with you in person.

Thanks again!
08-30-2009, 03:26 AM,
balding_bozo Wrote:Thanks JRob, that's really encouraging to know. As a full cap veteran, your advice is greatly appreciated! Is there any particular base you would recommend considering I will be a complete novice to all this? I'd like it to be as undetectable as possible, but wouldn't want to change more than twice a week whilst also running everyday. I guess day-to-day touch-ups are probably going to be a necessity regardless of what base I choose...

All lace....definitely all lace.

I have an entire chapter of my eBook devoted to base types. I will also be putting up photos on the eBook in the near future.

http://hairjive.com/blog/jrobs-full-cap-...e-options/

I would go with all french lace, but if you are feeling brave you could get swiss at the hairline ONLY (not at the temples or above the ears as it will fray too easily). When you get more experience you can increase the use of swiss lace, but never order a single payer of swiss above the sideburns. Always get a double layer of swiss or french in that area.
08-30-2009, 11:46 PM,
hi ,l only work in the NW near liverpool but am happy to give advice or have a chat <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> speak soon