Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr Jeff (Gel)
02-04-2012, 03:54 PM,
Dr Jeff (Gel)
Many of the long-timers will remember Dr Jeff aka Gel, who was a frequent and generous poster on the ***** forum and later on this forum. He and I had a sporadic correspondence over a few years swapping tips and gossip. I am sad to report that he passed away last year aged only 44, as I just learned yesterday.

He was an exceptionally decent and caring guy, always generous with advice and ideas. He lost his hair very young, and had struggled through the Hair Club process until eventually becoming an expert at managing his own hair replacement. He took great pride in achieving an undetectable look with his hairpieces, and his skill at cutting in and blending his own units was inspirational for newbies. I am sure some of his superb full-face photos are still on this site.

He was a good-natured guy, but when he eventually spoke out about BA's low quality pieces (after a particularly awful piece had led to his being busted and embarrassed for the first time in many years) his credibility was such that he caused many others to reassess BA's bona fixes. In that way he was decisive in bringing that scam to an end.
02-04-2012, 04:49 PM,
RE: Dr Jeff (Gel)
Gel May you rest in Peace and I concur with Baldrich, Gel brought so much to the table and it was sad to see how he was treated on the other forum but he had the class and dignity to not lower himself to the other scumbags level !!! I have been wondering where he had gone too....sad sad day.
02-04-2012, 05:28 PM,
what?? I mean me and him had our differences at times,, but Wow thats terrible news. 44 ?? Do you know what happened?
02-04-2012, 06:49 PM,
All I know is it was of natural causes Xeon. He was a fit healthy guy, so it came as a shock to me.

Incidentally, "BA's bona fixes" should have read "BA's bona fides", although bona fixes has a certain Freudian poetry to it.
02-05-2012, 07:18 AM,
He had some of the best fade cuts I have ever seen hp or no hp.
I remember on the other forum when he was one of the first to start complaining about the pieces his was receiving , and most of the forum bashed him. Seems he was right.

RIP Dr. Jeff.
02-05-2012, 07:31 AM,
Real sad, Gel was a good guy and always had great advise for others on the forum. Sort of puts this hear wearing in perspective, really is not something to go crazy over considering how many much more important things there are. Only 44 years old he had an entire life yet to live. Hope the best for his family and friends.
02-05-2012, 07:44 AM,
Yeah that is what I am saying, he is extremely young and he was in good shape.. I guess its not a proper question to ask why someone has died, but I feel like why the hell someone that young dies from natural causes? It makes me thing sometimes if people who start going bald early in life are at some kind of predisposition for something. Another guy from the forum also in his 40's that I used to talk to from these forums died as well. It was heart breaking to me.

Gel had a personality of someone who seemed to be successful in life and went for what he wanted. He took risks, did some of the shortest most well blended haircuts I have seen and he told you what was on his mind. I have respect that he seemed to tell you his feelings honestly and he probably was the type of guy that went far in life because he wouldn't be timid like me and make things pass him by without acting on it.
02-05-2012, 08:31 AM,
I was wondering where he went, since he suddenly disappeared from this forum some months back. I wonder if he had just found out he was very ill. Great guy he was. Rest in peace, Gel.
02-05-2012, 09:28 AM,
This is really sad news. Gel was a truly a 'good guy.' He was so helpful to many, many newbies that were 'sitting on the fence' about wearing. He showed that a person could wear short hair and look great. This really puts everything in perspective. This is a huge loss and he will be sadly missed. God bless him.
John
http://toplace.com/
02-05-2012, 05:44 PM,
R.I.P Jeff.