Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat rash.. or something?!
08-21-2009, 06:21 AM,
Heat rash.. or something?!
Well i played football with a hat on yesterday didnt have any time for hair as friends knocked on my door. Went park played against some semi pro guys in what must have been the hottest sunniest day of the year all was fine. Until i woke up had this uncontrollable itchiness on my head and the tape was stinking like crap. So i removed and i think ive gotten a heat rash its not severe and the redness is minimal but i cant wear without it itching me like crap now. I have guests in my house and i have a really busy day tommorow. And i doubt 1 nights bareheaded rest is going to help the cause what should i do? As i cant not wear
08-21-2009, 11:56 AM,
Re: Heat rash.. or something?!
danger!!89 Wrote:Well i played football with a hat on yesterday didnt have any time for hair as friends knocked on my door. Went park played against some semi pro guys in what must have been the hottest sunniest day of the year all was fine. Until i woke up had this uncontrollable itchiness on my head and the tape was stinking like crap. So i removed and i think ive gotten a heat rash its not severe and the redness is minimal but i cant wear without it itching me like crap now. I have guests in my house and i have a really busy day tommorow. And i doubt 1 nights bareheaded rest is going to help the cause what should i do? As i cant not wear

"Was stinking like crap" ???
How long have you been wearing the unit since the last change ?
Is the unit lace or skin ?
If it's lace, do you rinse your head everyday in the shower ?
Did you shower and rinse your head after the game ?
The "stinking like crap" is undoubtedly bacteria buildup.

Sounds like it's a hygiene problem and/or a reaction to the glue.

Fred
08-21-2009, 12:27 PM,
Ive had it over the years and with me it is caused by sweat and glue from the tape, I just take the piece off and dont wear until its cleared up, Just like I advised on the other thread, It only happended with some tapes and didnt happen with just glue.
08-21-2009, 04:07 PM,
Thank you for your replies

I can get 13-14 days out of tape now and i hate reattaching so i tend to wash my hair out instead of reattaching after a serious work out. Fred - its a lace unit, i do not rinse my head in the shower every day as i try to keep washing my hair to a minimal to make my piece last longer but even that ends up being 2-3 times a week due to hygiene. Yes i did wash my piece with water but not shampoo after the game. I think i really should have shampooed though it felt disgusting underneath and sweaty when i removed. What would you suggest for hygiene as i cannot remove after every game of football even if this one had special cirmstances i'd probably end up binning my piece. I'm not sure about washing after every game or session because im going to start playing on a nearly daily bases soon.

Tim it was the tape that stank mate not sure about fungal well atleast i hope its nothing like that. I've been using sudocream to help it clear up as its all i have laying around its meant for rashs eczema and sores but its not helped a great deal in the last 10 hours. I'll go check out your recommendations later today if it doesnt get better dude thanks (y)
08-21-2009, 04:12 PM,
danger!!89 Wrote:Thank you for your replies

I can get 13-14 days out of tape now and i hate reattaching so i tend to wash my hair out instead of reattaching after a serious work out. Fred - its a lace unit, i do not rinse my head in the shower every day as i try to keep washing my hair to a minimal to make my piece last longer but even that ends up being 2-3 times a week due to hygiene. Yes i did wash my piece with water but not shampoo after the game. I think i really should have shampooed though it felt disgusting underneath and sweaty when i removed. What would you suggest for hygiene as i cannot remove after every game of football even if this one had special cirmstances i'd probably end up binning my piece. I'm not sure about washing after every game or session because im going to start playing on a nearly daily bases soon.

Tim it was the tape that stank mate not sure about fungal well atleast i hope its nothing like that. I've been using sudocream to help it clear up as its all i have laying around its meant for rashs eczema and sores but its not helped a great deal in the last 10 hours. I'll go check out your recommendations later today if it doesnt get better dude thanks (y)

Yes mate get it sorted dont be like that bloke on that video, He has a rash caused by tape, Its madness to put a piece back on top of a scalp like that.
08-22-2009, 08:36 AM,
Danger

You need to rinse your head everyday, that said, it's not shampooing. I don't even touch the piece in the shower, I just rinse it out fully, blot my full head slightly while drying off, brunsh & I'm done.
It's critical if you're sweating like a pig from athletics (me).
I only shampoo my head when the unit is removed.
08-22-2009, 03:38 PM,
I do tend to put my head under the water after mad sweating but it doesn't help with cleaning off the sweat mate