Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Got2b glued on hairline sucks
02-05-2012, 07:44 AM,
RE: Got2b glued on hairline sucks
(02-04-2012, 05:35 PM)Xeon005 Wrote: hmm. so you like the rubber cement better than the spiking glue.. I never tried rubber cement. anyone else like rubber cement better? I guess i need to give that a try

and also would you say the clean up is easier with davlyn compared to orwg?

Hello Xeon,

The Davlyn cleans up rather easily.
I use alcohol saturated cotton balls , shredded out over the glue area.
But recently I have not been , first cleaning the Davlyn from the base, but rather spreading shampoo over the unit and than letting it soak in a container of hot water , for 1/2 hour or so and the glue really softens up and I simply wipe off with a alcohol cotton ball.
I know, should not use hot water on a unit, and ya should not use thinning shears to reduce density and ya should not use shampoo and conditioner containing alcohol and ya should not use alcohol hairspray, etc etc..........LOL I break all the rules and get along just fine !!
X, I don't recall how a cleanup of ORWG went....probably cause I on ly tried it a couple of times and just don't remember.

This morning, I did a base cleaning using the hot water shampoo method. So following I used the Davlyn. Tomorrow or the following day I will quickly simply peel off hte skin, there will be no gooey mess, I think you mentioned to, fact the base is really clean and all I do is, either just wipe the base with a cotton ball ( alcohol ) or rinse under the tub spout , under hot water, and after my shower, spray the base and my scalp with the spiking glue and apply and done a cleanup in 2 minutes ! I could not do that with lace , plus all the other issues I had with lace....so just continue to wear skin like I have for the last 15 or 20 years, maybe a little more than 20 ?
Now , after repeating the above 4/5/6 times or so....I may dab a little more Davlyn on the base only, I never put glue on my head and I good to go.............until I do a complete base cleanup like I did this morning. And again a complete base cleanup....is maybe a half hour ?? Most of that time is soaking under the alcohol balls, or soaking in hot water and shampoo . Simple Simple Simple !! Smile
Take Care and hope you can use something out of the above !

A REAL SHAME ABOUT GEL AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE AND EVERYTHING GOING FOR HIM !! I had a few email conversations with him back in the day on the ole BA forum. He could not believe that a 1966 Mustang Covertible that I rstored had no rust ! Albuquerque dry climate. And when I transferred to Miami International Airport with Trans World Airlines and had to sell it, because of a few attempts to steal it out of my driveway during broad day light !! As you know Jeff lived around the Miami area, and was interested in my story of the Mustang..

johnny/albuquerque

Messages In This Thread
Got2b glued on hairline sucks - Xeon005 - 01-31-2012, 01:38 PM
RE: Got2b glued on hairline sucks - johnnycs1 - 02-05-2012, 07:44 AM