Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nearly natural Natural sheen
01-27-2012, 03:52 PM,
nearly natural Natural sheen
Has anyone used this before? Im making a purchase for some hair stuff. Has anyone used this? do you reccomend it? or do you prefer something else? Do you think things like brylcrm etc are better to use?
01-27-2012, 07:07 PM,
RE: nearly natural Natural sheen
Hi Elvis... as you said on your other thread, I too find that products which are great on growing hair can often not be as `good` or you don`t get the expected-results on a system.... try Brylcreem..it`s cheap, been around for years, is widely-available and many guys like it... while I occasionally use it, I`m a bit `wary`of such products as most result in build-up, leading to more frequent shampooings etc....... a decent serum applied with the fingertips gives a nice texture/shine to the hair too....again, don`t trowel it on ! I know you`re probably after a really strong `wet`look /high-gloss etc. --you can get it with waxes etc., but there is often a pay-back for using them --some need strong shampoos to remove them.... I mean by all means, you can use them, but they can make more work for you and possibly, shorten the life-span of the system...... I see many guys use the Paul Mitchell one--maybe a little tub of that will help you..... I like serum because it has silicone/s which help seal-in moisture and gives shine and adds a nice soft feel to the hair. You could spend a fortune on buying all kinds of things.... many of which you`ll not use again.....one or two `tried and tested`ones is probably the way to go.
01-27-2012, 08:56 PM,
hey paul.. i decided to order brylcreem and the american crew pomade. it seems that pomade keeps moisture in the hair and has no alcohol. so i may be able to get the results I want AND it will be beneficial to the hair aswell. it also washes off with water.
01-27-2012, 09:10 PM,
You can buy Brylcreem almost anywhere ---stores/pharmacies...no need to order on-line and pay shipping. Again.... a little goes a long way.....place about a level-teaspoon amount onto your palm...wet it ..just cup your palm and pour on some water---mix well by rubbing both hands together...get as much as you can onto the fingers.. then, separate your fingers slightly and kind of `plunge`them into the hair near the base and then upwards /out to the tips [ hair should be quite damp] That will spread it evenly. Too much pomade will leave your hair looking limp/life-less, so just use a little and make sure it`s well-spread.
01-28-2012, 07:05 AM,
doesn't brylcreem have their own pomade? I remember someone posting about it once
01-28-2012, 07:42 AM,
Brylcreem also started doing (last year?) a water based grooming product.
I can't find a specific link for it yet.

Just found this USA version of Brylcreem that says it doesn't contain alcohol:
http://bit.ly/A5YwvI

Also just read about an American product called Groom & Clean, saying it gives good hold & shine, but is water based, so it washes out easily:
http://amzn.to/wEfEkJ
01-28-2012, 10:04 PM,
thanks for the links hersute Smile