Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner question about cut in
01-27-2012, 01:26 AM,
Beginner question about cut in
I'm going to get my swiss base system cut in this weekend and was planning on attaching it with G2BG for the cut in. My question is I wasn't planning on sealing the knots with sealer until I "trained" the hair and was curious if the G2BG was going to cause any problems with the knots being sealed. Will the glue melt or 99% alcohol remove the G2BG so that the knot sealer will work as intended?

Thanks
01-27-2012, 01:34 AM,
RE: Beginner question about cut in
Got2B is totally innocuous ..won`t cause you any issues whatsoever....it simply washes out under running-water..you don`t even need to shampoo it out....occasionally after a little longer wear---more than a day--- it can be a little stubborn, but just persevere with the water....don`t go at it with alcohols....no need at all...water is all you need. Best wishes with the cut-in.
P.S. --- don`t let the stylist spray too much water onto the hair -- I mean like, soak it -- if it gets down onto the Got2B is any large amount, it can lose it`s grip...... it also may not hold all the perimeter down fully all the way around...just tell him/her to be careful with the comb, not to snag any `loose` bit/s... I`ve used it for a fullcap cut-in and it was handy.
01-27-2012, 01:46 AM,
if water loosens the g2bg it might not be a god idea to use as a attachment for cut in< when the stylist sprays water on your hair to cut wont it come off your head
01-27-2012, 01:49 AM,
Lol ! ... I had just added my `P.S.` to my post, and I see B D`s post ...great minds etc !!
It`s ok if you don`t soak the hair totally....a normal `misting`is ok.
01-28-2012, 11:02 AM,
(01-27-2012, 01:49 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Lol ! ... I had just added my `P.S.` to my post, and I see B D`s post ...great minds etc !!
It`s ok if you don`t soak the hair totally....a normal `misting`is ok.

I haven't used that as an adhesive but from what I understand it's not a very strong hold. Personally I would use blue liner tape, concentrating on getting a STRONG attachment (doesn't have to look good....just has to stick) for the cut-in, then remove it after and do a proper attachment with the adhesive of your choice after you give it a quick wash.

It's hard enough keeping a new unit attached for a cut in using the strongest tapes available. I just don't see how one of the weakest glues could stand up to the moisture and pulling.
01-28-2012, 08:53 PM,
I should actually have said too, that as I`m wearing Fullcap, there`s less likelihood of that slipping about if one part got quite wet....a topper would/could be a different kettle of fish....I just find tapes can be a little `fiddly` in a salon-situation...... I `ve gone in there with a [topper] taped up with a few strips of tape and a `start` made on all the backing strips [paper] i.e. the corners peeled up and scrunched so I could easily catch them to peel them off..... many stylists have no experience of `bonding` etc.....they may be happy to cut your hair, but baulk at the idea of `attaching`it..... the positioning was no bother as I`d put some eye-brow pencil marks on the front hairline, but then, once I`d got the system positioned, when I went to peel off one of the longer backing papers, the whole strip of tape came off the lace and I had no roll with me....she did the cut-in while being `careful` around the loose bit...you feel a bit `under pressure` in that situation as you`re conscious of the stylists`time`etc.....it`s not like you`re at home and have all day to re-do things...Got2B won`t hold the very edge down especially if it gets wet, but I just asked the stylist to be careful with the comb there so as not to snag the lace, and asked her not to drown it with water.... it was fine.....I actually accompanied another [ Noob] wearer to the same stylist and we`d attached his system beforehand with Got2B [he popped a baseball cap on going in there just to prevent any unusual looks from people ! ] it was a small-ish system and it held up fine. It has it`s limitations, but as long as it`s not drenched, it worked ok for me anyway.