Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taping Lace Front
08-21-2009, 05:44 PM,
Taping Lace Front
I have just started wearing a lace front piece & am having trouble with the tape sticking to the lace itself. I am using tape strips that are marked in blue text for "Lace Fronts". Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
08-21-2009, 06:36 PM,
Re: Taping Lace Front
Those sound like the tape I use.

After you apply the tape, you have to really press the tape down onto the lace to get it to attach. Try using a straight edge of some sort to rub over the tape so that it sticks even better. A ruler or the edge of a scissors or something that you can slide over the strip will made it grip when you apply the pressure.

Then try to peal off a small edge, and then pull towards the side, not upwards. Pulling up will rip it from the lace. Try pullling the paper off the lace with a sideways direction.

See how that works!

P.S. Make sure the lace is dry and does not have any alcohol or lace release on it. This can hinder the adhesive.
08-22-2009, 12:39 AM,
What i do is once the tape is applied to the entire edge of the system ( French Lace) I take a rolling pin and lay the system so the lace is facing up and roll it out using alot of pressure, this really make the tape stick to the lace. I also roll out each peise of Supertape to get rid of the shine and to also make the tape a little thinner, try it out it really helps
08-22-2009, 06:45 AM,
ravid4 Wrote:What i do is once the tape is applied to the entire edge of the system ( French Lace) I take a rolling pin and lay the system so the lace is facing up and roll it out using alot of pressure, this really make the tape stick to the lace. I also roll out each peise of Supertape to get rid of the shine and to also make the tape a little thinner, try it out it really helps

I do something similar with tape I press has much pressure on it as possible and like you said it does help it adhere to the lace and thin it out.