Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First Piece
01-26-2012, 10:04 PM,
RE: My First Piece
Hi Rafs... top-marks there...especially -impressed with that last shot there --flawless blend-in.
Do you mean [ in your first/second sentences] that you took deliverly of your system 2 years ago and only took to wearing it now ? If so, it`s obviously not deteriorated in the slightest while in storage....did you do anything in particular with it like placing it into a sealed polythene bag or anything like that ? Just my curiosity as usual ! Take it easy with the thinning for the moment..new systems are `lively` and need a little time to settle-down/in..... it would be easy to over-thin, early on.
I think the C-22 is probably a bit unnecessary for such a `clean` debond. The tape hasn`t gone `messy` or Gooey..... as Hersute has said, C-22 etc. can be oily and need to be cleaned [shampooed] off of the lace.... I think for the little bit of residue you describe, a simple glue-melter [alcohol] such as ``Pure`` etc., applied to a clean cloth and dabbed onto the residue should allow you to easily wipe it off then with a fiber-cloth/wipe or some bubble-wrap material.... the Citrus-based solvents are a bit too strong/not needed for such a moderate amount of relatively`clean` residue....they come into their own for removing glues in an all-over head bond situation, or where strong tapes have been on for a long time and have begun to break down ,leading to a gooey residue..... the alcohol `melters` evaporate off quickly so no need to shampoo them out. I think if you just apply lace-release evenly onto your tape/s from `above` [through the lace] should result in little if any residue on your lace...maybe you`re not using quite enough and/or not letting it time to `work` before removing the system and thus you are having residue stuck to the lace.
You`ve done a great job though....so enjoy it .

Messages In This Thread
My First Piece - Rafs - 01-26-2012, 12:43 PM
RE: My First Piece - Hersute - 01-26-2012, 05:07 PM
RE: My First Piece - Paul In Ireland - 01-26-2012, 10:04 PM
RE: My First Piece - Rafs - 01-27-2012, 12:45 AM
RE: My First Piece - Paul In Ireland - 01-27-2012, 01:24 AM