Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone used argan oil for their hair system?
01-26-2012, 04:54 PM,
RE: Has anyone used argan oil for their hair system?
You're welcome to try.
Who knows, you may be on to a winner.
If I were to try it, I would use it on the ends of the hairs only.
For oil to truly benefit the hair and produce more than superficial benefits, it needs to penetrate the hair shaft.
The amount of washing it would need to remove the oil would undo all the good the oil did in the first place.
It would be no better than a good conditioner.
The conditioner I recommend contains (I think) sunflower oil. I'm sure many of them do contain some sort of oils.
Brylcreem contains oils too.
Its about getting the amount right so as to not affect the bond & not weigh the hair down too much either.
My pieces become harder & harder to stay attached as time goes by, week by week.
I have VERY oily skin.
I believe that the lace soaks up my oils over time and get more difficult to remove and hence the bond gets weaker too.
Also people say don't get conditioners down to the knots, because it weakens them by making them slippery (I presume).
The same would apply to oils, so maybe soaking isn't such a good idea.
But lots of people have different ideas and find things that work for them that have never worked for me.
There are lots of aspects about wearing where 'right' & 'wrong' just doesn't apply.
Its about whatever works for you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has anyone used argan oil for their hair system? - Hersute - 01-26-2012, 04:54 PM