Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Clips
01-17-2012, 03:27 AM,
Using Clips
Why does no one use clips? I have been wearing using tape and glue for a while but Im going to grow my hair, get back on all the treatments and get a few transplants. I want to still wear while im pouring loads of stuff on my scalp.

Clips I have done as much research as I can, I know they can cause traction hair loss but im thinking a few ht grafts in these spots can fix that (its minor compared to the rest!)

How good could clips look?

With the HT, I am thinking of filling up either the front or back first then wearing a partial, then doing the rest. has anyone ever done this?

I may be fighting a losing battle, so I will put as much hair as possible in place that would help with wearing a wig, like the lower temples....

Does anyone here used meds still?
01-17-2012, 01:59 PM,
RE: Using Clips
There are hundreds of posts about having HTs and using partials.
Opinion is VERY divided.

Clips these days are SO flat and really amazing.
I seen the clips on women's hair extensions and they can really lock on.

They're worth a try.
01-17-2012, 05:16 PM,
My personal opinion after messing around with clips for a partial front piece is that taping on top of existing hair or using G2BG works just as well and isn't painful like the clips are. I didn't like the feeling that the clips were slowly destroying my real hair.
01-19-2012, 10:10 AM,
Hi its just that I rip out so much of my existing hair when I tape on top of it... did you find that this happens to you?
01-19-2012, 10:41 AM,
At what point do you rip your hair out with tape? Surely not when you detach?
Lace release or a solvent would loosen the tape so that you could easily remove it.
01-19-2012, 03:22 PM,
Sometimes I get lazy and do a speedy detach and the area gets sore after one or a few of those, reminding me to be gentle. The hair you're seeing could be system hair, or hair that was just going to be shed in the shower or during your next brushing, but yeah if you just tear the thing off as I've had to do once or twice you'll definitely feel and even hear them ripping out.

The plan with the transplants and all just seems like a very long, expensive uphill battle. If you're comfortable wearing, why bother with all the HTs? They'll never match the hair that a system can give from what I've seen. I am also continuing taking meds. I figure might as well try and maintain the hair that I do have for as long as possible . They say the more amount of your real hair you can incorporate into your look, the easier. It is sort of a trade-off though because there are some risks with the meds and they aren't cheap.
01-24-2012, 07:40 PM,
(01-19-2012, 03:22 PM)stealth Wrote: Sometimes I get lazy and do a speedy detach and the area gets sore after one or a few of those, reminding me to be gentle. The hair you're seeing could be system hair, or hair that was just going to be shed in the shower or during your next brushing, but yeah if you just tear the thing off as I've had to do once or twice you'll definitely feel and even hear them ripping out.

The plan with the transplants and all just seems like a very long, expensive uphill battle. If you're comfortable wearing, why bother with all the HTs? They'll never match the hair that a system can give from what I've seen. I am also continuing taking meds. I figure might as well try and maintain the hair that I do have for as long as possible . They say the more amount of your real hair you can incorporate into your look, the easier. It is sort of a trade-off though because there are some risks with the meds and they aren't cheap.

Yeah it is an uphill battle... Im just going to see how much of my own hair I can grow back, then I will consider a few HT's.

and yeah there is no HT that can get anywhere near full density...