Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Flowbee haircut
01-17-2012, 12:16 AM,
Flowbee haircut
Hi guys,

I am just wondering whether cutting hair system using Flowbee will damage the hair knot?

Has anyone had any tips and success story cutting the hair system (not your own real hair) using Flowbee?

Thank you Smile
01-17-2012, 01:26 AM,
RE: Flowbee haircut
(01-17-2012, 12:16 AM)aries2004 Wrote: Hi guys,

I am just wondering whether cutting hair system using Flowbee will damage the hair knot?

Has anyone had any tips and success story cutting the hair system (not your own real hair) using Flowbee?

Thank you Smile

I have one For Sale, used once.
$50 , includes shipping USA.

johnny/albuquerque
01-17-2012, 08:00 AM,
Your knots will not be affected by any mechanical cutter ... they cut the hair from the tips and will not get near your base [ hopefully !! ] ..... I`m not sure what the results are/will be with one of these, on a system ..... I did see a post by a person recently on this forum, who is a men`s stylist --can`t remember who it was now..... but I think he recommended going to a stylist rather than doing a cut-in using one of these, as it can be tricky to get the layer-in onto the growing hair accurate, and is best to have it done by hand by a trained stylist. Here`s a comparison chart between a few different ones......
http://www.robocut.com/compare.html?gcli...4Qod6nsdHQ
Not sure if I`d chance it with my first system....certainly if you had 2 or 3 new systems to hand, and had one styled by a professional, you could `chance ` doing one at home with the cutter ...if you made a complete hames of it, at least you`d still have the `good`one to wear... you`ll be out of pocket by the cost of the system, but that`s something you`d live with.
01-17-2012, 03:56 PM,
i have used the robocut a few times and it works fine for me.
01-17-2012, 05:45 PM,
Hi, new user but veteran hair wearer (nearly 20 years, since I was 20).

I bought an "aircut" device that I'd never use to cut in a unit, but works ok to maintain my growing hair.

I get my units cut in by a pro, and with the amount of razor cutting and whatnot that she does, I just can't imagine having that duplicated via a vacuum style machine like the robocut or whatever, even with a plethora of attachments that come with them.

Perhaps if someone showed me how to do it, that might work (it would be awesome in fact), or maybe the styles I wear (fairly short) aren't conducive to those devices but they sort of scare me when considering you have (at least) a couple of hundred dollars sitting on your dome.
01-22-2012, 09:03 PM,
Thank you guys for your feedback. Sorry for my late reply. Has been busy lately.

Today I have done my first attachment and cut in. Please give your honest opinion. So far, I'm happy with the result, but because I'm new in this game, I definitely need your expertise feedback Smile

Thanks again

Attached Files Image(s)

01-22-2012, 10:15 PM,
I actually didn`t realise I was looking at a system when I first looked....when I opened the thread I just went straight to the pics. before reading your post......I`m impressed ! You really did a great job.... I admire your `nerve`-- think I`d have been quaking in my boots.. I assume you did it with a mechanical cutter so? The density is really spot-on..... the only thing you might like to consider to complete the picture and really set your over-all look off, is to use a little dark/er colour on your own hair...it`s slightly lighter than the system hair at the moment [though the system hair will lighten -up after a while ] ..it would be SO easy to darken your own and that would also help disguise it`s light-ish density just in front of the ears .... it`s not `jumping out` or anything like that--just my hawk-eyes !! lol . My hair was very similar to yours and I often darkened it a little..gave it a fuller look too ! You did a really nice job there man..you must be really happy. Take a bow !
01-22-2012, 10:16 PM,
the side hair looks weird...maybe because of a bad haircut?
01-22-2012, 11:41 PM,
Thanks Paul and Andre.

I have done the cut in using flowbee. Yeah, I might consider to color my own hair darker as per Paul's advise. I know it is not perfect but hoping I could grow my skill over time to be more comfortable doing this route.

To be honest though, I am a bit paranoid when going out. Some people (strangers) stare at me and got me thinking "is it because of my hair?" and some of them didnt stare at all. I hope I will be get used to this in a week? Maybe?

I can't thank enough to all threads of this forum. They're very informative and useful especially for newbies.
01-23-2012, 12:19 AM,
You`re probably just [like us all at your stage] extra- sensitive because you know you`re wearing.... it`s all part of the early days of wearing...that and maintenance /styling..... I`m being totally honest...the only thing I can `see` and it`s totally easy to sort out, is a bit of colour-difference [that can be exaggerated by the camera too] ...have a look in a mirror, close-up and in good natural light..... it`s far easier to do your growing hair [colour] than `messing`with the system....do it with the system off your head .... try a 15-minute application and then rinse it off..... you`d be surprised how it will complete your whole look....keep that stuff out of your eyes though ! Would love to see a pic. afterwards ! You should be able to pick up a colouring product fairly easily near you..most Pharmacies etc. sell them...Lòreal do quite a few , including ones for men with black hair who want to cover grey hair... easy -to-use too !