Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I do this?
01-13-2012, 01:03 PM,
Can I do this?
Hi, been reading these threads for a little while now. I used to wear a full cap because the hair salon I found near me a while ago did full wigs for women however I don't particularly like full head wigs. Despite that they seem decent quality etc I was always annoyed that I couldn't get the area at the back of the neck to be undetectable so I thought of going for the toupee style and wondered do you think I can achieve like the pic I have attached. The first 2 images are me, my hair is about 1/2cm long. Or do you think my side and back hair is too thin for a toupee to do those styles?

Attached Files Image(s)

01-14-2012, 12:45 AM,
RE: Can I do this?
Have you tried growing your sides?
01-14-2012, 03:28 AM,
I presume you`ve seen this thread and pics? http://www.forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=4902
Your back looks thinner than your sides, but pics can be a bit deceptive.... you may be able to get away with a `stepped`look though...many younger guys wear their hair like that -- don`t know what age you are but it would look odd on a guy my age as opposed to a guy 20 yrs. younger...densities need to be age-appropriate, but also, in my humble opinion, style needs to be appropriate too or it will draw undue attention. You could possibly let your own hair grow out a little , and get a topper with a very low density around the perimeter and gradually increasing as it goes towards the centre of the system...it would need careful layering -in by a stylist but shouldn`t be impossible... the shorter the hair usually though, the less forgiving it can be and any slight `imperfections` can be easily -visible. The back-view of the guy with the highlighted hair shows his hair is denser than yours at the back..if you let your own come out a bit, it would probably look better /provide a better `foundation`for a topper.....you`d need to go easy with the density I wouldn`t go any higher than maybe 50-5% on top and lower around the perimeter part..maybe as low as 40% [that`s equal to 50% Density on some other supplier densities as Toplace densities are on the high side] ..it can be done I reckon but you`ll need to be pretty spot-on with densities.
01-14-2012, 02:48 PM,
(01-14-2012, 12:45 AM)standbyme Wrote: Have you tried growing your sides?

Yeah I will try growing my hair out, sux it takes so long...
(01-14-2012, 03:28 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: I presume you`ve seen this thread and pics? http://www.forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=4902

don`t know what age you are but it would look odd on a guy my age as opposed to a guy 20 yrs. younger...

you`d need to go easy with the density I wouldn`t go any higher than maybe 50-5% on top and lower around the perimeter part..maybe as low as 40% [that`s equal to 50% Density on some other supplier densities as Toplace densities are on the high side] ..it can be done I reckon but you`ll need to be pretty spot-on with densities.

Yeah I did see that thread, I personally don't like what he did, my personal opinion is his topper (as you's call it) is too thick.

Im nearly 31.

I'd be happy going for a low density, I don't care much for being able to do funky styles with gel or wax, I just want to be able to have a simple do that doesn't take much work. I'm just not sure if my own hair is too thin and if I'll have situations where like some other guys on here say that their hair is too thin now and they can't do anything with it.