Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$175.00 for a attchment and cut...I don't think so!
01-14-2012, 06:38 AM,
RE: $175.00 for a attchment and cut...I don't think so!
I know this is not going to be a popular position for people that cut-in their own hair systems. I have been cutting them in for 25 years.

I charge $150 for a cut-in on a hair system that was purchased from some where else. Free, if it is purchased from us. I figure someone calling me and asking me how much to cut in a hair system purchased elsewhere is equivalent to calling an IHOP Restaurant and asking, "How much will you charge me for breakfast if I bring my own eggs, bacon, sausage and pancake batter?"

I shampoo, condition your hair, exfoliate your scalp, cut your hair, blow dry it and prepare it to be bonded. I make a template off your unit, apply bonding adhesive to your scalp.

I shampoo and condition your hair system, clean the base with alcohol, seal the knots and pin it to a manikin head with hair and do a preliminary haircut. I remove the hair and apply it to your scalp.

Next I bond the hair system to your head, let the bonding adhesive cure, dampen the hair and do the cut in, them blow dry it carefully into a style. If I make a mistake and you don't like it, I replace it at a cost to me of &150 - $175. I re-cut you hair the next day when you come back and tell me "My wife thinks it's too thick," for free.

I have taken course on cut-ins by flying to Florida, California and Dallas, staying in a hotel, missing work, and eating out.

I allow 2 hours for the cut-in on a first time customer. I charge $45 - $65 for a perm on a non-hair replacement customer. How much do you think is a fair price for me to do a cut-in on a hair system? You only need one but it is critical it is done right. You may think you can do a haircut on the system with a Robo Cutter but it wont even be close.

An art critic can see all kind of flaws in a painting but to the lay person it looks like a masterpiece. The same phenomena happens with cut-ins too. honestly believe an untrained person can cut a hair system in correctly.

Hair sellers will discourage you from coming to me for fear I will sell you your next hairststem. Just read on all their web sites.

Sorry, but I get frustrated hearing people complain about the cost of a professional cut-in. Doing a cut-in on a new client is *nerve-wracking* to say the least.

Messages In This Thread
RE: $175.00 for a attchment and cut...I don't think so! - Seven - 01-14-2012, 06:38 AM