Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$175.00 for a attchment and cut...I don't think so!
01-14-2012, 04:48 AM,
RE: $175.00 for a attchment and cut...I don't think so!
I paid £55 (about $80) for a cut in but to be honest it was terrible. She left all long hairs and said it was needed to blend it. Total cr@p. I got home and buzz cut it on a grade 6 on top and 4 on the sides (UK grades). Hair product (hair gel/wax etc) is the key to making it look good, job done.

If you can get wife/girl friend/mother to do it, else get 2 mirrors so you can see all your head.

Trick is to secure unit to your head with tape without cutting your own hair if you are unsure or dont have a spare unit. Scissor cut it right down first, then wash it on your head and comb it in the directions you want it. Seal knots (if lace) and then secured to your head how you would wear it (again with tape if you dont want to cut your own hair yet) and use clippers (electric sheers/buzz cutter) to grade it in, use the biggest setting and work down until happy with the length on top, then grade sides same way, moving outward as you reach the top to match length on top to top of sides. Finally wax/gel to style it and mould it (this hides any minor mistakes etc too).

I have never had anyone (not even family) ask about my hair so it must be okay! Trust me, my older sister would never let me live it down if she knew!

End of the story - dont pay a fortune, its not rocket science, you can probably do it yourself with $20 clippers and some styling products. I did!

Benq.
**************UPDATE*******************

I should add that if you really want to have a cut in at a salon then the cheaper salons tend to not use terms like "unit" and "hair system". You need to search for toupee and wig cut ins. This is because the "modern" terms were invented as a way to remarket wigs by salons and those same salons tend to be the ones that charge the earth (hair clubs etc) - especially in th ereal world (not internet based company) like a hair salon.

If all else fails, try home hair dressers (hair salon staff that do home appointments), ring some up or go to a salon out of town and get them to do it, it should be a lot cheaper, more like the cost of a cut and wash for a normal hairline.

Hope this helps!

Messages In This Thread
RE: $175.00 for a attchment and cut...I don't think so! - Benq - 01-14-2012, 04:48 AM