Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
anyone got any advice on how to keep hair soft and not so dry?
01-20-2012, 02:41 AM,
RE: anyone got any advice on how to keep hair soft and not so dry?
I just found a solution that works for me. Brylcreem original! My hair was super dry and rough after 6 weeks and with a blob of brylcreem into damp hair and some smoothing action with my hands and the hair is as soft as silk again.
01-20-2012, 07:33 AM,
No it doesn't dry hard, it remains soft. U don't have to use water either. I just like to do it, I put a dime or so sized amount into my palms and than just mix it with a little bit of water and run it through my hair. It keeps the hair soft, adds a little shine and some flexible styling ability. If I want I can make it look more dry or wet.. Or I could give myself the same styling effect gel would without the crunchy, dry, stiff feeling. I have been using waxworks for awhile now. I like it.
01-20-2012, 03:11 PM,
Xeon- I'm assuming the waxworks you use is the Paul Mitchell one? If so I have been looking for it on a few sites and there is a black cap one and a pink cap one. Do you know if there is a difference between the 2? I am into my fifth week of wearing and as you guys have experienced, my piece is starting to get very dry and brittle feeling. I have tried leave in conditioners, both Enhance and a Nexus one and neither seems to be making the hair any softer. I have had little to no shedding just the dryness. Thanks.
01-20-2012, 09:37 PM,
Eric .. I think it`s the first one here, but Xeon can confirm that... he did post a pic. of it a while back and I seem to remember it was the white jar with the red lid, but hold off buying it until he gets back on this thread to you :
http://www.nextag.com/paul-mitchell-dry-wax/stores-html
Are you spritzing your hair daily with water and then using the leave-in conditioner ? I`ve always found `Enhance`to keep the hair soft, however, various `local`factors can /do contribute to that brittle feeling to the hair.... I know you are presently going to Didi for your de/rebond ...are you shampooing in between ? If so, are you using a shampoo specifically for system hair ? Even spritzing the hair, I`d recommend using some bottled-water to avoid [often] harsh water as supplied by utility companies.... here`s an old thread now--note there is an address there for JRob...I`m not so sure that that is current [ I have a feeling it`s not but if you want to contact him any time, you can look in on his hairjive.com site] Some of the information in the thread might be helpful though :
http://www.forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=1439
The serums have various silicones in them... it can really be the `kiddie` when daily leave-in conditioners are not enough over time, to combat the ill-effects of lack of natural [scalp-produced] oils and moisture which systems do not get. It`s really one of the biggest battles in the wearing -game ----- keeping hair from drying out too much and becoming brittle and thus prone to shedding [apart from looking sad too !]
01-20-2012, 11:18 PM,
(01-20-2012, 09:37 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Eric .. I think it`s the first one here, but Xeon can confirm that... he did post a pic. of it a while back and I seem to remember it was the white jar with the red lid, but hold off buying it until he gets back on this thread to you :
http://www.nextag.com/paul-mitchell-dry-wax/stores-html
<snip>

Hmmm ... I'm really curious now which wax everyone is referring to. The Paul Mitchell product I use is in a white squeeze tube w/ a clear cap, and a red "inner cap" visible thru the clear one. It says WaxWorks on the tube. The products listed above in this thread are dry waxes and are, I think, a different product.

Input from other WaxWorks users appreciated ...

~FB
01-21-2012, 01:24 AM,
(01-20-2012, 03:11 PM)EricInNY Wrote: Xeon- I'm assuming the waxworks you use is the Paul Mitchell one? If so I have been looking for it on a few sites and there is a black cap one and a pink cap one. Do you know if there is a difference between the 2? I am into my fifth week of wearing and as you guys have experienced, my piece is starting to get very dry and brittle feeling. I have tried leave in conditioners, both Enhance and a Nexus one and neither seems to be making the hair any softer. I have had little to no shedding just the dryness. Thanks.

Eric,

If you can get hold of this stuff and use a little after each wash, its a miracle:
http://www.myhairstylingtools.com/Tigi-S..._2281.html

Its not cheap but a tube lasts me about a year.
I just comb a small amount through the damp hair (after washing) and then rinse off.
The hair feels so silky afterwards.

One reason why your hair may feel dry is product build-up thats not being removed by washing.
A clarifying shampoo that gets rid of old product can really help.
I use TRESemme' Deep Cleaning Shampoo about once a month and a gentler shampoo in between.
01-21-2012, 03:01 AM,
Try Brylcreem, it's working great for me!

Hersute - I saw you mention that conditioner in another thread and I'm itching to get trying it! It's hard to find in Canada though, as are most things, sigh. It sounds great!
01-21-2012, 03:01 AM,
Try Brylcreem, it's working great for me!

Hersute - I saw you mention that conditioner in another thread and I'm itching to get trying it! It's hard to find in Canada though, as are most things, sigh. It sounds great!
01-21-2012, 03:16 AM,
(01-21-2012, 03:01 AM)Hairenough Wrote: Try Brylcreem, it's working great for me!

----------------------------------

This site says they offer free shipping to Canada:
http://www.spaboutique.ca/product/4118/S...sizes.html
01-21-2012, 02:31 PM,
can someon post a link to an amazon or whatever for the exact pm waxworks to get. im curious now. i might buy it lol.. maybe get me some brylcream too. paul can i get brylcream anywhere? do i just ask for brylcream? or a specific type or name?