Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tapes and glue for hot humid weather
01-10-2012, 02:39 PM,
tapes and glue for hot humid weather
im going to a hot place and at times can get humid. what glues and tapes held up best for you guys in these types of conditions?

at the moment ive got super tape, blue tape and davlyn green. anybody have any experiences or know how these glues and tapes hold up in these conditions?
at the moment its winter where i am and im getting a 5 day hold with davlyn green by the hairline without any lift at all. i touch up on day 5 and can go on another few days if i choose. supertape holds without any problems for a week straight. i can go longer than a week because the hair underneath pushes the unit up and loosens it once it grows. like i said this is all in winter cold conditions. any tips or advice what i should get or do for hot and humid?
01-10-2012, 03:10 PM,
RE: tapes and glue for hot humid weather
Also tapes and glues for freezing temperature please. Next year I want to do the polar bear jump, where you jump in freezing water for charity. Will the glue/tape hold?
01-10-2012, 11:29 PM,
(01-10-2012, 03:10 PM)justin sane Wrote: Also tapes and glues for freezing temperature please. Next year I want to do the polar bear jump, where you jump in freezing water for charity. Will the glue/tape hold?

I don't think the fact that the water is freezing will have any different an effect on your attachment than any water would have!
As far as I know, its only ORWG that states that the glue will go off is exposed to cold temperatures, but they don't mean whilst its on your head.
01-12-2012, 06:43 AM,
Yep if it's on your head your body temperature will keep the glue from freezing, don't worry!
Yep if it's on your head your body temperature will keep the glue from freezing, don't worry!