Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
going to be traveling
01-10-2012, 01:44 PM,
going to be traveling
hey guys. im going away to a different country for a while. i dont have any resources over there. so i thought id buy lots of glue and tapes and whatever else i need which i will put in my big bag that goes into the plane. I was just wondering if there any issues that i may need to be informed about?

im going to buy a couple of bottles of davlyn green and black. a few bags of super tape and blue tape. some adjust a bond, knot sealer and lace release. also a bottle of c22 and a bottle of pure adhesive remover. is this all ok to go into the bag?
also is it ok for me to bring tape and a small bottle of glue into my hand luggage in case of emergency?
will the glues be ok in te plane? or will they go bad? i dont know of anywhere i can buy glues where im going
01-10-2012, 01:58 PM,
RE: going to be traveling
I may be wrong but I think the glues will become useless in the planes hold due to the freezing temperatures. Regards
01-10-2012, 02:41 PM,
really? even non water based glues? i thought thats just for water based glues? should i try to sneak the glues onto my carry on? lol the davlyn green bottles are kind of small anyway. think i may be able to bring them on the plane?
01-10-2012, 03:35 PM,
(01-10-2012, 02:41 PM)elvis Wrote: really? even non water based glues? i thought thats just for water based glues? should i try to sneak the glues onto my carry on? lol the davlyn green bottles are kind of small anyway. think i may be able to bring them on the plane?

Carry on your glue. Any glue, will be ruined if it is in the hold of the plane. I found that out the hard way. The Davlyn bottles are small enough that you can carry on, but I am not sure if you will be limited to the number of bottles. Check your airline's website, they should have the carry on limitations.
01-10-2012, 03:38 PM,
thanks winstonage. do i have to wrap it in bubble wrap or is it fine just on its own?

and do u think the rest is safe to put in my bag for the plane?
01-11-2012, 07:10 PM,
Ive never had problems with the glues going off on a plane.
01-11-2012, 09:13 PM,
I know Oil Resistant White Glue is useless if exposed to very low temperatures..if you put your glues into a small box and get hold of some strips of polystyrene material, you could `insulate`the box by taping or gluing polystyrene to the outside. That would prevent any damage whilst in the cargo hold. Also, alcohols and some of those citrus solvents are flammable and there are shipping restrictions on them if/when ordering on line so you`d probably be better to put them in your checked-in bag rather than taking them into the cabin with you. I`d simply pack extra tapes and take one large bottle of glue in your cabin-bag..... normally `liquids`are allowed up to 100 mils. --- that amount of glue would last you ages anyway ,even with a weekly de-bond.....it`s not like you`re going to be using glue every day.I `d be more concerned about having enough solvents/clean-up items with me than glue because glue goes `` so far`` ---a little goes a hell of a long way.
01-12-2012, 10:41 AM,
but the solvents and stuff will be safe inside the plane right? im not going to cause a fire or anything by mistake in the check in area right? lol
01-12-2012, 08:31 PM,
(01-12-2012, 10:41 AM)elvis Wrote: but the solvents and stuff will be safe inside the plane right? im not going to cause a fire or anything by mistake in the check in area right? lol

You should check with your carrier but most operators have restrictions on flammable liquids, and whilst you are allowed certain quantities, I think they prefer them to be in your checked-in bag....you may find yourself with `issues` at security if you have flammable liquids in your cabin-bag/s....best check with your carrier...just look at their website. The last thing you need is for your clean-up liquids to be taken off you before boarding.
01-12-2012, 10:35 PM,
How about the passport picture, this one im curious about. Bald in the pic but obviously not going through passport control has this ever been a issue for anyone?