Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V-looped thinnest skin photos (same as TL700)
01-06-2012, 03:43 PM,
RE: V-looped thinnest skin photos (non TL)
Hey furball, is that a Virtual Reality piece?

I used to wear those back when I went to a hairpiece salon and they were awesome!
01-06-2012, 03:54 PM,
Finally! Big thumbs up, FB for posting a thin skin hairline pic. Been asking for months! Looks amazing. Great idea to try and bust yourself out LOL. I'd love to see a lace hairline hold up to such scrutiny...

Do you know how the hairline look and shedding compare between an ultra-thin .03mm V-Loop and injected thin skin .08mm?
01-06-2012, 10:54 PM,
(01-06-2012, 03:43 PM)JamesKennedy Wrote: Hey furball, is that a Virtual Reality piece?

I used to wear those back when I went to a hairpiece salon and they were awesome!

Hey James ... no ... I think they come from one of the big Western "fronts" for a bunch of Chines factories like New Image.

I saw those Vertical Reality pieces ... some kind of skin, yes ? What was unique about them?

(01-06-2012, 03:54 PM)stealth Wrote: Finally! Big thumbs up, FB for posting a thin skin hairline pic. Been asking for months! Looks amazing. Great idea to try and bust yourself out LOL. I'd love to see a lace hairline hold up to such scrutiny...

Do you know how the hairline look and shedding compare between an ultra-thin .03mm V-Loop and injected thin skin .08mm?

Glad the post was helpful ... and thanks for reminding me of the actual thickness of these v-loop units ... .03mm is the advertised thickness. I had that wrong in another post in this thread.

I haven't worn knotted or injected skin, so I can't comment from personal experience .... but my understanding is that v-looping allows the thinnest base, injection and knotting require thicker skin to anchor into. So v-looping on the thinnest skin will shed more easily, but be most invisible. So the same tradeoff as with other bases ...
less detectable=less durable.

This gets me thinking it would be nice if they could make a "combo" skin base (as is done w/ different laces, and lace/poly) ... with a thinner v-looped front, thickening behind the hairline to injected ventilation.
01-07-2012, 12:01 AM,
RE: V-looped thinnest skin photos (same as TL700)
Hi Guys,
This unit is the equivalent of our TL 700. This unit is unbelievable! The hair line just disappears! I thought it would be very difficult to V-Loop in a skin base that is this thin. But the factory does it! Some places sell this for over a thousand dollars apiece. Our stock skin pieces are V-Looped and are the equivalent of our TL 400. Our TL 400 can be either V-Looped or single strand injected. Try that TL 700--you'll love it!
Regards,
John
http:///www.toplace.com/
01-07-2012, 06:02 AM,
This is most likely a noob question but can you get the TL 700 or any skin come to that as a custom? Also do the come in 50 or 60% density?
01-07-2012, 09:21 AM,
Course you can get them custom. That also answers your density question, the percentage is part of the 'custom' choices. Look on the main TL page & click the 'style options' tab...all shall be revealed. Regards
01-08-2012, 05:38 PM,
Does anyone in warm climate areas tried a thin skin, are they better in cooler climate where you dont sweat profusely. What about the ghost bond, Im no expert in this glue but does it go white with sweat.
01-09-2012, 08:47 AM,
Dont know the answer to that one ozziepete, but got an order in for one of these fellas . Really want to try the best in lace and skin then way the options up and see which direction to go in .
01-11-2012, 02:50 PM,
So now I'm a little confused... I've always been under the impression that lace was the most undetectable base available, especially at the hairline. Now I see these pics and I cant imagine lace being any better. Great results, the graduated hairline really sells the illusion. What are the opinions of some of you experienced wearers on the detectability issue between lace and thin skin? (I don't wear yet) By the way I don't think the lighter color on top is a give away at all and is common in nature.
01-11-2012, 07:13 PM,
(01-11-2012, 02:50 PM)Porcupine Wrote: So now I'm a little confused... I've always been under the impression that lace was the most undetectable base available, especially at the hairline. Now I see these pics and I cant imagine lace being any better. Great results, the graduated hairline really sells the illusion. What are the opinions of some of you experienced wearers on the detectability issue between lace and thin skin? (I don't wear yet) By the way I don't think the lighter color on top is a give away at all and is common in nature.

Thanks for the positive comments on the pics. I wanted to show what was possible w/ skin these days ... but I'm just not sure these v-looped ultra thinskins would last like even the finest lace would. This base is fragile, and they are marketed as disposable pieces (think salon up$ell) ... I know I'm repeating myself, but want to make sure that's clear ... these will tear, maybe as, or more, easily than even the finest lace (but I haven't yet worn all SFS). I don't think I could get several months out of one of these ... forget about trying to get most kinds of tape off this skin.

I'm curious if there are any wearers out there w/ this kind of base (.03mm, v-looped), getting longevity out of them ... maybe w/ a light glue on the perimeter only, or 1-2 day G2BG attachment that would dissolve w/ only running water.

Anyone ?

FB
... who always goes for undetectable over durable Wink